Attended log after Team splitt

DerDiedler

I am hosting a series of Events, and at some of wich one part of Team attended. It was a couple, and they broke up. The team was splittet in a way that you can tell exactely who is who.

Now, Years and/or moth after the male part (and only the male part) attended to some of the Events, the female part of the former team logged all these Events as attended as well.

How would you hadle it?

We're a "Team" account.   Most times we'd cache together.  Lately I do all the caching.

The other 2/3rds also has a separate account, created before trackable collections came out so I didn't have to scroll through hundreds of trackables to just hit "log...".

Sometimes she'd visit her sister a couple states away, and while there would find a few caches.  They'd go on our team account.

I do most higher terrain caches solo, and they'd go on out team account too.

We know dozens of families who do the same.

If for whatever reason they "broke up" to separate accounts, we'd have no problem with that other member logging ours.

They were part of the "team" at the time, and now simply backdating their own account.   :)

On 10/24/2018 at 11:05 AM, DerDiedler said:

Years and/or months after the male part (and only the male part) attended to some of the Events, the female part of the former team logged all these Events as attended as well.

How would you hadle it?

Delete the log.  If she wasn't there, she didn't attend the event.  I would contact her as well to let her know why you're deleting the logs.

If she doesn't like it, she can appeal, but if she can't show she attended, I think it's an uphill battle for her.

5 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

Why in doubt?

It´s about the scenario described in my first post. No matter how.

But yes, Memory.

The context was important in terms of how things would play out if the dispute ended up going to HQ.  Chances are, deleting the log entry based on your memory is a bit of a stretch, but HQ would more than likely uphold the deletion, in the absence of some photographic evidence from the other user.

If it was based on some logbook, I'm guessing HQ would not support the deletion based on the guidance for Events in the related Help Center article.

Ok Sherlock ;)

I´ve done research. The "Team" attended in four Events of the Series. For Event #1, #2 and #6 it is obvious from the log written by "the team", that he was there on his own. For Event #7 it´s not that chrystal clear. But still I´m sure.

Event though we come to the conclusion that it might be ok to delete the logs, I don´t know if I would. I´m just eagerly interested in others oppinions. So Thanks a lot for yours!

Edited by DerDiedler