BaseCamp Problem

Although I did change from Mapsource to BaseCamp a while ago I have not been using it enough to figure this out I guess.  I have pretty much just downloaded and manipulate tracks and routes.  But yesterday when I went to use the program, it seems the underlying map is gone.  There is a global base map which shows a few big features and roads if I zoom out enough, but the map that was there the last time I used it, (admittedly at least 6 months ago), with more detailed features and contours seems to be gone.  (See the attached screenshot).  I don't see any other map to turn on in the menus.  Can someone give me a clue as to what might have happened?  Thanks.

Basecamp.PNG

Edited by Cheminer Will

Try Ctrl+G twice. This toggles the installed map to a simple base map and back. Usually that does the trick.

Maybe even once already helps if you'd accidentality did this somewhere in the past.

If that doesn't help, something might be wrong with your installed map. Remove it and install it again.

OK, thanks.  I tried Ctrl+G and that just blinks the screen.  I looked through the menus and I do not see the Northwest Topos map I had been using so something must have happened.  I will get a fresh copy from the Switchbacks.com website and see if I can fix it by reinstalling.  I still have it on my 60Csx but can not find it in BaseCamp.  And I am pretty sure that is the one I had also installed in BaseCamp.  If so maybe an update to BaseCamp yesterday, when I opened the program for the first time in many months, deleted the installed Northwest Topos map.

On edit:  Thanks again.  It was really that simple.  The map had somehow been deleted, likely by an update I guess. I downloaded and installed NWTopos again and all is good.

Edited by Cheminer Will
On 10/23/2018 at 6:18 AM, chuck4564 said:

I have read that the latest version of BaseCamp/MapInstall has issues with 3rd party maps. Those that use maps that aren't from Garmin are recommended to revert back to a previous version.

Hmm.  We will see how it is going forward but doesn't that group of people include almost everyone?  ?