BUG: New Search Form has no Distance Field

dani_carriere

I'm getting null search results because I cannot adjust the distance of my search.  Search on Events?  Nothing, although I know of 2 in the next week.

When I click on the Find Events image, I get events ... in Germany ... I'm in Canada ... and the word in the search location is "Home" ... can't see any for this area.

What good is a search tool without the distance field?  It should have been field #2 after the location.  It's a useless, useless tool now. 

A map comes up automatically, but has no ability to zoom in or out.  I don't want a map, I want a list, you took away that option!! I don't want to render a map unless I want to see it!!

Please revert back to the old one.  I don't want to have to write PQs for every little search I want to do!!!  At MINIMUM we need the option to OPT OUT of this.

BadSearch.jpg

Edited by dani_carriere
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

Well, I still do not have access to the new Map/Search experience but as I understand the philosophy the distance is given by the map view which should be zoomable and pannable...

Yes, you should be able to zoom in and out of the map BUT there is no scale so you have to guess how far each cache is from another. In the example given above, the caches could be 161m apart or many miles. 

There is no option with the new screens to have a list. It's map only and the map has to re-load each time you move it so it takes much longer. I wonder how much extra data this uses.

9 hours ago, dani_carriere said:

What good is a search tool without the distance field?  It should have been field #2 after the location.  It's a useless, useless tool now. 

A map comes up automatically, but has no ability to zoom in or out.  I don't want a map, I want a list, you took away that option!! I don't want to render a map unless I want to see it!!

Please revert back to the old one.  I don't want to have to write PQs for every little search I want to do!!!  At MINIMUM we need the option to OPT OUT of this.

There is another thread ...

Release Notes (Website: Progressive release, new Search/Map) - September 14, 2018

... sorry, I can't find a link at the moment. This is where people are leaving comments about the search. Perhaps you would like to add you views?

Bitte wieder auf die alte Suchfunktion zurückgehen, oder alternativ anbieten!!!!
Die neue Release funktioniert bei mir zumindest nicht. Im Rechner und auch im Smartphon ist mir eine Suche nach Caches nicht möglich.

---

Please go back to the old search function, or alternatively offer !!!!
The new release does not work for me at least. In the calculator and also in the smartphone I am unable to search for caches.

2 hours ago, Camper1945 said:

Please go back to the old map  Everything worked well 

+

24 minutes ago, diba412 said:

Bitte wieder auf die alte Suchfunktion zurückgehen, oder alternativ anbieten!!!!
Die neue Release funktioniert bei mir zumindest nicht. Im Rechner und auch im Smartphon ist mir eine Suche nach Caches nicht möglich.

---

Please go back to the old search function, or alternatively offer !!!!
The new release does not work for me at least. In the calculator and also in the smartphone I am unable to search for caches.

=

On 10/23/2018 at 3:29 AM, Lynx Humble said:

On the right upcorner click on the ''Welcome to the new map What's this?'' to opt out.

• Upvote 1

Apparently geocaching has taken the ability to "search" for geocaches from my account.  It matters not what computer I sign onto my account with, I CANNOT search.  There is no Filter button and I CANNOT get a list of caches to populate.  I pay my premium membership like everybody else and now my account has been altered.

Night-Hawk

Search.jpg

18 minutes ago, HHL said:

To expand on Hans's post...

You've been opted into a test of a new map page that's being developed (more info here). This new map removes a lot of searching functionality and breaks a few existing links, so quite a few people are opting out so they can use the existing tools to do what they need to do. You can opt out by using the link posted by Hans, and you can later choose to opt back in by doing a search and clicking the banner at the top to go to the new map again.

• Helpful 1