Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Nilso17

About a new cache status ...

What do you thing about adding a "Not for me!" (orange color?) cache status.

I feel quite disappointed  looping on cache I can't handle (mainly for terrain difficulty). Such a status would make if clear while not hiding the cache either.

3 hours ago, Nilso17 said:

Such a status would make if clear while not hiding the cache either.

So you want to ignore a cache (because you "can't handle" it), but you don't want it completely hidden. Is that correct?

Would an ignore list that you can toggle back and forth meet your need? Or do you need it to display in some sort of "not for me" state?

9 hours ago, Nilso17 said:

What do you thing about adding a "Not for me!" (orange color?) cache status.

I feel quite disappointed  looping on cache I can't handle (mainly for terrain difficulty). Such a status would make if clear while not hiding the cache either.

Curious, what benefit is there to have a "not for me" status for caches (for the map?) if you're still  able to view it ?

If for whatever reason folks here don't want to do certain caches - and it bugs them enough -  most we know use the ignore list.

I don't do park n rides, roadsides, guardrails, parking lots and most similar 1.5 or less hides.  Most of the caches here...

- My ignore list would be a real pain-in-the-can to maintain (with the amount and  archive rate of those things).  

I just use search, go by terrain, and simply skip the rest.   :)

I'll walk by those caches on the way to another as well, because I only enter the caches I'm doing.  Is that too difficult ?

I use the ignore list as well for this very purpose. There are so many mystery caches I have no clue where to begin. Though every once in awhile I'd like to search that list mostly to help with some challenge I'm working on. I wish there was a way to turn on and off the ignore list.

I too would like the ignore list to every once in awhile purge the archived caches as well.

I have tried to publish a new cache to the same place where actually was a cache which I had ignored years ago and forgot. Now the cache editor map shows ignored caches preventing this happening again but not caches with corrected coordinates.

Thanks for your points.

Sure the ignore list is useful and fulfill the hidding task  while I wish a visual status.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:25 AM, Nilso17 said:

I wish a visual status

You can look back at the ignore list and see what's on it, if that helps.

You can also toggle the "Highlight beginner cache" checkbox at the bottom of the page when looking at a list of geocaches.  (See screen capture.)  Or use the filters to filter out caches above a certain difficulty/terrain level.  Or use pocket queries to screen out attributes you don't want, like scuba caches, climbing caches, etc.

Capture.JPG

Hello :)

where is it possible to make a "ignore list"  ? Is like my own list ?

Tkx

2 hours ago, gosselien said:

where is it possible to make a "ignore list"  ? Is like my own list ?

You don't say what you're using to find caches, but on site, ignore is right under "log"  on each cache's page.  

As you ignore caches, they automatically add to your Ignore list, able to be viewed on the quick view link (lists) on your profile page.

Thank you !

I make like you write 

I would pretty much agree with "NILSO17"
it would be nice if the caches remain visible but in a different color or icon :) (a barred round for example)  :)