Is there a tool to dip a Geo Coin in all previous finds?

Lazy Swimmer

6 minutes ago, Lazy Swimmer said:

Alas the macro no longer works :(

I last used it a year ago.  I’m guessing that’s something to do with changes to the Groundspeak API.  I’d ask for help on the GSAK forums.  If you’re on Facebook there’s a ‘GSAK Geocaching Help’ group; worth trying there too.  Good luck!

29 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Dipping in 1244 caches would send out thousands of emails to people watching those caches.  Emails that benefit nobody, who cares about a TB dip?

Spam spam spam spam spam...

I'd tend to agree with Viajero Perdido on this one. While making new logs for each cache would be the easiest way of doing things, it's also the most disruptive. While it would be more work, the ideal way to do this is to edit each previous log and log the visit using the existing log. Yep, you can do that. It's more tedious, but it wouldn't re-email every cache owner and anyone else watching each cache.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Good!

Dipping in 1244 caches would send out thousands of emails to people watching those caches.  Emails that benefit nobody, who cares about a TB dip?

Spam spam spam spam spam...

Actually, no.  The macro simply adds a log to the trackable, not the cache.

14 hours ago, IceColdUK said:

It’s nice to be able to see your Geocaching travels mapped out.  I have a few trackables that I use in this way, for example this one is dipped into the Earthcaches I visit:

FDFC86D0-78F1-4BDB-ABE6-683CABEA17B4.jpeg

Ah thanks for the clarification. I do the same thing https://coord.info/TB6R3X9 Though I started from the date I acquired the TB. 

Map.jpg.c5af64b9449e9634ccf6b00732f8d422.jpg

As you can see it get congested pretty fast. Can't really decree much except a few of the road trips over the years. But it's fun to look back and remember things.

11 hours ago, MNTA said:

Ah thanks for the clarification. I do the same thing https://coord.info/TB6R3X9 Though I started from the date I acquired the TB. 

Map.jpg.c5af64b9449e9634ccf6b00732f8d422.jpg

As you can see it get congested pretty fast. Can't really decree much except a few of the road trips over the years. But it's fun to look back and remember things.

The ‘View in Google Earth’ option is good - the website map is a little too small.