Best TEXAS GC Cities.

TwistedCube

Started a US GC cities thread and wanted to know of some right around the corner from me. I grew up in Texas and have lived there for most of my life, but I only started caching frequently when I lived in the Midwest. No that I'm back in the Lone Star State, I don't really know of any outstanding GC cities here other than the obvious, (Austin, San Antonio, Brenham etc.)

Any suggestions??? 

On 10/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, TwistedCube said:

Started a US GC cities thread and wanted to know of some right around the corner from me. I grew up in Texas and have lived there for most of my life, but I only started caching frequently when I lived in the Midwest. No that I'm back in the Lone Star State, I don't really know of any outstanding GC cities here other than the obvious, (Austin, San Antonio, Brenham etc.)

Any suggestions??? 

What's your pleasure? - Numbers or quality or diversity

Look at Tatum, a few miles south of Longview.  There's a good number of caches of all types and a wide variety of D/T combos. 

On 10/18/2018 at 11:47 PM, HHL said:

The cache density of favourited caches may give you an idea.

Caches in Texas | FavPoints>30 (click here)

Hans

Slightly off topic, but the map was pretty messed up when I tried that link.  Hopefully just because of a bad connection and not some new map bug.

Capture.JPG

It does echo what I was going to say - DFW, Austin, and San Antonio are great caching destinations.  I found El Paso was OK, but it seems that a few of the quality hiders who had caches out when I was there have moved.  No offense to my formerly fellow El Pasoans, but I ended up enjoying Las Cruces caches more.

Wichita Falls is a good geocaching destination, certainly.

Edited by hzoi