Cache icons on map not clickable

CAVinoGal

This issue just started for me yesterday and today.  I'm using my laptop, Windows 10, Chrome browser.  I log in, go to Play, View Map.  Normally, I can hover over a cache icon, and I get a pop up with the name of the cache.  I can click the icon to open a small summary window with basic info (D/T, Created by, date placed, etc) and from there click the cache name to open the cache page.

Now though, there are times when nothing happens when I hover, and nothing happens when I click the icon.  I can zoom in or out, and sometimes that will then allow me to click the icons again.  Sometimes it doesn't.  It's happening often enough to make it annoying enough for me to create this post!!  I use the map on my laptop to scope out potential caches for our COTD, and not being able to click on the icons to get cache details (or even see the name of the cache!) makes the map pointless.

This happens whether I have filters set or not, and in several geographic areas, locally, in Southern CA, and in Mexico.  We'll be headed that way in a couple of days and I've been trying to do some research ahead of time - this non-functionality is making it difficult.

I've already set up a PQ for areas we plan to visit, and downloaded the results to my phone, and will update just before we leave.  Still, I like to look at and get details ahead of time.  It's not working.

This has been a problem since the beginning of the map.  It comes and goes, like bad weather, but I've found you can tease it into working by zooming in/out a bit.  Swearing also seems to help.

It happens to me maybe 10% of the time.  I'm guessing it has something to do with network delay, and a lack of error handling in the code somewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1