Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
sTeamTraen

Trackable adoption message

I just sent an adoption request to someone who taken over one of my TBs. I received this mail from the site:

Your trackable adoption request has been sent to XXXXXX

Now we just wait and see if they accept. In the meantime, if you are unable to maintain the trackable, please consider disabling it until it has been successfully adopted.

Cheers,
Geocaching HQ

Now, I know that the procedures for adopting caches and trackables are very similar, and they probably use much of the same code. But perhaps the last sentence here shows that the difference between the mails in the two cases could be slightly more than replacing "cache" with "trackable". I don't even know how to maintain a trackable! 😀

Edited by sTeamTraen
  • Upvote 2
  • Funny 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:15 AM, sTeamTraen said:

I just sent an adoption request to someone who taken over one of my TBs. I received this mail from the site:

Now, I know that the procedures for adopting caches and trackables are very similar, and they probably use much of the same code. But perhaps the last sentence here shows that the difference between the mails in the two cases could be slightly more than replacing "cache" with "trackable". I don't even know how to maintain a trackable! 😀

A silly oversight, I'm sure.

I reported this bug March 2017

I wonder if it was fixed for a while, and is now back, or was never addressed?

• Upvote 1