Only corrected coords of Mysterys in PQ

Nuffie

3 hours ago, Nuffie said:

I want to create a PQ with only the corrected Mystery coordinates.  How do I do that?

You can't do that with a PQ.

Workaround (NY Paddle something: DO NOT READ THIS):

Search for your caches with CCs. Put all on a Bookmark list. Create a PQ from that BM list.

Hans

5 hours ago, HHL said:

You can't do that with a PQ.

Workaround (NY Paddle something: DO NOT READ THIS):

Search for your caches with CCs. Put all on a Bookmark list. Create a PQ from that BM list.

Hans

I don't see anything wrong with that.  I wouldn't even consider it a workaround since it uses all the tools available through the user interface.  I *do* think it would be nice if one could download from a list directly rather than creating a PQ though.  

1 minute ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

I don't see anything wrong with that.  I wouldn't even consider it a workaround since it uses all the tools available through the user interface.  I *do* think it would be nice if one could download from a list directly rather than creating a PQ though.  

I have automated this PQ for daily updates so practically I can download it to my app anytime I need.

23 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

I *do* think it would be nice if one could download from a list directly rather than creating a PQ though.  

No need for creating a PQ.
1. Open your list managment
2. Select the list's Hamburger menu.

7bfbffdb76b08dbb02ee0c017b73868f.png

3. Choose "Send to Garmin".

Where "Garmin" may also be a µSD card with a valid Garmin folder and a valid GarminDevice.xml.

9b1d4e05d13ac2130d9328772c815ef1.png

39c2f48a8fdead08062f641cd8ed9c61.png

Hans

Edited by HHL

I still find PQs easier to deal with than the Send to Garmin feature. For one, I like to store my cache data on the SD card rather than the Garmin's on-board storage. It's probably an outdated habit stemming from the days when Garmins would frequently corrupt the database upon startup and there was no way to recover cache data if it was on the device itself without connecting to a computer.

But even now, I manage my caches with a 3rd party program and it can grab pocket queries directly from the servers but not bookmark lists. I then create a filter to show only solved puzzles alongside regular caches.

Thanks for all comments. I now update my garmin from my smartphone because I want to refresh on the move. I do not take a Windows computer with me on vacation. I download a PQ on my smartphone, pick it up and place it on my garmin. That's fine. Via the list I can now set all corrected coordinates on my Garmin. But how can I refresh quickly and easily if I have solved a mystery again?

46 minutes ago, Nuffie said:

But how can I refresh quickly and easily if I have solved a mystery again?

After solving the mystery: put the cache from the cachepage directly to the BM list. You'll have to open the cache in a browser window on your smartphone to do so.

Hans

16 hours ago, HHL said:

No need for creating a PQ.
1. Open your list managment
2. Select the list's Hamburger menu.

7bfbffdb76b08dbb02ee0c017b73868f.png

3. Choose "Send to Garmin".

Where "Garmin" may also be a µSD card with a valid Garmin folder and a valid GarminDevice.xml.

9b1d4e05d13ac2130d9328772c815ef1.png

39c2f48a8fdead08062f641cd8ed9c61.png

Hans

I guess I hadn't tried that but will that dialog box show if you haven't connected a Garmin GPS to your computer?  From a UX perspective it isn't very friendly to label a menu item "Send to Garmin" if you're not actually sending the results to a Garmin.  The addition of a "Download" link on that hamburger menu which allows one to save a GPX file of the results onto a local computer (perhaps, so that it can be loaded into a waypoint manager such as GSAK) is all I'm asking for.

3 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

but will that dialog box show if you haven't connected a Garmin GPS to your computer?

Please read again (if in doubt 2 or 3 times):

You might then open the file with GSAK from the µSD (it's a drive as well) card like every other Gpx file.