Earthcache souvenir

I posted an earthcache at 01.00am on 13th & got my souvenir immediately.  I also sent off my answers to the CO within the following 10 minutes.  I am awaiting confirmation that I answered correctly & my log will stand.  But what if I fouled up & the CO deletes my log?  Will my souvenir disappear?  And if it did could I submit another attempt & log it again by retro dating my post?  And would the souvenir reappear?

This is hypothetical as I was confident of my answers, but this thread got me curious.

10 minutes ago, grimpil said:

I posted an earthcache at 01.00am on 13th & got my souvenir immediately.  I also sent off my answers to the CO within the following 10 minutes.  I am awaiting confirmation that I answered correctly & my log will stand.  But what if I fouled up & the CO deletes my log?  Will my souvenir disappear?  And if it did could I submit another attempt & log it again by retro dating my post?  And would the souvenir reappear?

This is hypothetical as I was confident of my answers, but this thread got me curious.

My understanding is that souvenirs don't disappear if the log that created them is subsequently deleted.

7 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

You are right the souvenir won't disappear even if the associated log is so its one of the way that people cheat to get souvenirs

What sad people!  Perhaps the type that claim to have a zillion friends because they have them listed on Facebook, but in reality are "Billy No Mates" living a solitary virtual existence.  Cannot get my head round cheating on (not) finding caches - you are only cheating yourself!  The souvenirs are fun, but strictly speaking pointless, & the only statistics that interest me are my own.  Does anyone really care what anyone else achieved here other than they had fun finding just one cache or a thousand?

3 hours ago, grimpil said:

What sad people!  Perhaps the type that claim to have a zillion friends because they have them listed on Facebook, but in reality are "Billy No Mates" living a solitary virtual existence.  Cannot get my head round cheating on (not) finding caches - you are only cheating yourself!  

I disagree.  Geocachers that cheat and are dishonest promote a reputation about the game of geocaching as something played by cheaters and dishonest people.  

3 hours ago, grimpil said:

The souvenirs are fun, but strictly speaking pointless, & the only statistics that interest me are my own.  Does anyone really care what anyone else achieved here other than they had fun finding just one cache or a thousand?

Does anyone else really care if, while on vacation, what souvenirs you buy at a gift shop?   Although real-life souvenirs can be expensive they're often something you just want to get for yourself as a token of remembrance.   I'm pretty sure that you also won't find a web site anywhere that has a list of who has the most real life souvenirs.  It's not about how many souvenirs one has, it about the experience one has getting  them.   Groundspeak souvenirs should be treated the same way.

1 hour ago, funkymunkyzone said:

I suppose one could argue that your find logs are your souvenir.  And by extension, how much you write, specifically about your experience/adventure with each find, shows how much you care about that souvenir...  but I digress.

I'm flying to South Africa in 10 days.  I suppose that I could consider my boarding pass a souvenir,  but I might buy a t-shirt while I'm there tool.  I've already got the digital souvenir for South Africa.  

• Upvote 1