Burnout?

FossTanager

A lot depends on the day and/or setting.  During Cache Machines (a NW 'thing') I've found between 50 and 90 caches in a day but didn't get burnt out.  OTOH I've had enough caching in a day at less than a dozen.  The only time I 'burnt out' was earlier this year in Alanta where I was stuck for a few days waiting for a new AC unit to arrive and be installed in the trailer - it was in the upper 90's/low 100's and, even with AC in the car, I would quickly reach a heat limit while caching and go find something else to do in AC.

• Upvote 1

I used to experience small burnouts, especially after completing a trail. I'd say it was more of physical exhaustion than anything else.

Now I experience a completely different feeling - once I get back home, log all my caches (whether it's 5, 50 or 120) I feel like "well, I did this many, I could do even more next time". 

I'd say just do whatever you feel like doing, don't push yourself too far. Enjoy caching in different ways - maybe go on a longer hike one day, later on spend some time solving puzzles, visit interesting landmarks, etc. If you focus on just making a find, it can get repetitive and cause you to burn out.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Gabeman26 said:

After the hidden creatures event, I found 37 in that month which for me is a lot. I got burned out big time didn't cache for a couple of weeks.

Same for me. I've been lowering my usual find rate this year, but when that event came out I was eager to get that World Turtle. My average 2-3 finds a month went to 3-4 finds a day. Needless to say, by the time I got the souvenir, I was in need of a break.  After a couple of weeks I was right back at it and having a good time once more.

Geocaching is suppose to be a hobby for fun. If I'm not having fun doing it anymore, then I really need to take a step back and wonder why I'm doing it at all.

We never care "how many" we find but carefully select the caches we want to do. Sometimes, when staying in a B&B, away from home for 2 or 3 days we plan tours along solved mysteries (geo-art) but after a high score we quickly change back to multi's.

Being very picky about what we want to find we never "burned out". If there would only be easy traditionals we would have given up a long time ago.

I suppose burn out is a factor for me.  My numbers have dropped considerably each year   I don't pay attention to most traditional caches, multis, and mysteries.  I no longer will cache just to cache and quickly get bored with the search.  

But I don't get burned out with locations or adventures - a cache might be fun if it is part of a nice hike or kayak.  I will look to see if there is a cache near places we want to visit for reasons that go beyond this game.  Virtuals and earthcaches often are all that I need and I have not gotten burned out with them. 

• Upvote 1

This past Saturday I found 23 caches. To some cachers, that is barely an hours worth of caching but for me, it's a pretty big day. I could certainly find more in a day as the caching aspect doesn't burn me out. It's when I get to logging the caches that I realize I really don't want to find more than a dozen or so in a day. I've tried for years to convince myself that if I went on a "big" cache run, to not sweat just posting generic logs. Most of the caches I'd find during a cache run usually aren't all that memorable and just a short and sweet log would suffice. But, I've always strove to write unique logs and I can't seem to get past that hurdle.

So, the caching is fine but sometimes I get burnt out trying to come up with unique logs for what are usually forgettable caches. They're still fun to find when out in the field.

• Upvote 1

A few years back my goal was to get 1000 finds in the year.  Did it in 323 days, ended up with 1050 for the year, and really felt burned out after that.  But, still found over 200 the next year.  Still have over 500 within 11 miles, but am not feeling a really strong desire to get them all.

A long day and tired isn't "burn out".  :)   My long days in this hobby are much more fun than years ago.

I slowed down a lot, but much happier for it. 

I have other hobbies/interests I find just as enjoyable as this one, and sometimes combine them with this hobby.  

- Hunting, fishing ... most others are within the same terrain I'm already comfortable with.

The other 2/3rds experienced "burn out" sorta...

A FTF monster, everything in a bag to rush out the door, sometimes in her pjs, adds a bit of stress.  Cached that way for almost eight years.

Heading out with the other 2/3rds , I did caches I'd never think of doing now. 

Private property roadside hides, parking lots, and guard rails just doesn't do it for me.  

Still can't figure why on Earth someone thinks a porta potty is a great spot for a cache.    Sheesh...

No hide/find, not bothering with geocaching 101 members, using google or anything other than a GPS  to place "caches",  I believe did her in.

Amounted to beta-testing, and simply no longer fun.

The last,  found  yet 400' off was the end of this hobby for her. 

I burned out in 2016 after spending 2 vacation days geocaching (it was going to be 4 days but I cut it short). 30 cache finds the first day and only one looked like it had been cared for in the last 2 years. Almost all of them were placed by vacation cachers (some names I recognized from back home (4 hour drive away), one prolific hider didn't even live in the country).  I haven't got my mojo back since then. But I'm still hopeful. Haven't burned out on the forum participation though. :)

Edited by L0ne.R
  • Upvote 1
On 10/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, FossTanager said:

Do you guys get burnt out finding so many caches at once?  I did a 11 or so cache run today and I was starting to get a little tired of it.

I always make sure that I geocache somewhere I want to be, anyway. I can imagine burning out if I focused too much on the caches alone, but I don't do that.

• Helpful 2

The possibility of burnout has always been in the back of my mind, particularly since retiring a couple of years ago and wanting to make caching one of my mainstay retirement activities. I saw a friend get into caching about a year after me and go hell-for-leather to reach 1000 finds by his thirtieth birthday; he got there, just, but the effort burnt him out and he rarely caches now. A pity, because he created some excellent hides (which he still maintains if need be) and had plans for more in a similar vein. A big loss to our small caching community.

So I've steadfastly avoided power trails, which is pretty easy since the nearest ones are a couple of hours drive away, and tend to go for caches that look interesting or challenging and just do one or two in a day. My busiest day was 22 finds, but that was on a group trip to central Sydney where we walked around a loop through the inner suburbs doing mostly P&G micros. The only other time I've gotten into double figures was 17 finds along on an 8km bike trail in Newcastle. So after five and a half years, I'm still yet to reach 1000 and that probably won't happen now until next year.

I had a great time caching with friends for several years. But then a few years ago, they got caught up in the "big numbers game" and began wanting to go for easy park/grabs and power trails to get their find count up. I enjoyed the camaraderie for sure and hung in there for awhile but the finding of so many lame, to me, caches, took their toll. The rest of the group kept going for a few more months more but then they too called it quits. 

In my case, the burn out has only come about because of the changes geocaching has experienced over the last few years. Groundspeak's decision to shift focus from quality to quantity was the change that hit me hard. I'm still very much interested and I do actively keep an eye out for caches that I think will be enjoyable. However, it's been years since anything interesting has come out in our area. :(

Edited by Mudfrog
  • Upvote 1

Twice I've felt burnout:

1) After finishing my 366 day calendar.  That year I was determined to finish and had to find caches on the open days, otherwise have to wait for an entire year!  I had one miracle where, the morning of a snowstorm, a new cache published nearby.  I trudged out in the snow, sweeping snow away to look in logs and stumps and near trunks, when I managed to find the cache (for an FTF).  After finishing my 366 day calendar (with an epic cache, "The Bridges & Arches of Central Park", with an awesome group of cachers), I took a hiatus.

2) In a single day I found just over 20 caches, part of a bike trail series, none of which were easy.  I took a break after that.

Now I just find geocaches when I feel like it.  ?

4 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

That seems to be the best way for not getting a burnout. Don't get carried away by statistics but go only after caches you like to do.

After 12 years we still have not filled our calendar even though it would be extremely easy to do with many caches within a 1 km radius we still haven't found.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, on4bam said:

That seems to be the best way for not getting a burnout. Don't get carried away by statistics but go only after caches you like to do.

After 12 years we still have not filled our calendar even though it would be extremely easy to do with many caches within a 1 km radius we still haven't found.

It sounds like there a couple of types of burnout.  I geocache a lot less frequently, but when I get the opportunity and feel like doing it,  how many caches I find would be limited by filtering for the types of caches I like to find.  Finding 15-20 "good" caches a day would burn me out less than finding a couple of caches a day, every day, for a week and a half.

2 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Twice I've felt burnout:

1) After finishing my 366 day calendar. 

2) In a single day I found just over 20 caches,

I'd find 1 as a good example of what I've  understood is "burnout".   

- An entire year where the fun hobby became a job to complete, and added stress to make it work each day.

2  (to me) was just a long, tiring day.  :) 

2 hours ago, on4bam said:

This one surprised me and had to peek.     :)  

I remember the other 2/3rds telling me she even got the leap year years ago, yet we have no where near as many finds.

Interesting topic!  I love geocaching because it gets us outdoors and moving.  For me a fun day of caching involves a Sunday afternoon drive on a road where we’ve never been and finding a few caches in the area - even finding one is satisfying!  Or being on vacation and looking for a few caches in a touristy area and seeing sites I would otherwise not have seen.  Or hiking or biking along a trail and just enjoying the woods while finding a few geocaches.  This summer we traveled across Canada and my goal was to find one geocache in each province.  We’ve been at it 4 years and have 368 finds which may not seem like much but it’s been very satisfying and enjoyable.

After reading the above comments I am quite content to carry on this way with a very relaxing attitude towards geocaching.  It’s a great hobby!

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

Twice I've felt burnout:

1) After finishing my 366 day calendar.  That year I was determined to finish and had to find caches on the open days, otherwise have to wait for an entire year!  I had one miracle where, the morning of a snowstorm, a new cache published nearby.  I trudged out in the snow, sweeping snow away to look in logs and stumps and near trunks, when I managed to find the cache (for an FTF).  After finishing my 366 day calendar (with an epic cache, "The Bridges & Arches of Central Park", with an awesome group of cachers), I took a hiatus.

2) In a single day I found just over 20 caches, part of a bike trail series, none of which were easy.  I took a break after that.

#1 I so agree with. Happiest/Saddest day was when I gave up on my 423 day steak. On days I wanted more I'd have to stop if caching too close to home to save those for emergencies. It totally became work, when you are deathly sick but have to run over and grab that LPC cache you've been saving for an emergency. Or run out on a snow day (One inch shuts down our area as its usually covering ice due to the transition from rain) and risk a lot it's not smart nor fun.

As it turns out had I continued I would not have made it over 500 was snowed/iced in for a week that next winter due to freezing rain kids loved it though until they had to go to school for three extra days into their summer vacation.

#2 Would exhaust me.

Everything in moderation, do what ever you are comfortable doing. 

I would be unlikely to feel burned out from a single day. However many caches I go for in a day the caching is only part of the experience, so if I go out and get 20,30,40,etc. that's just part of a walk that I would be happy to be doing without the caches so I never feel burned out; having said that I did go out to grab 100 in a day, which I achieved on a ~18 mile walk and I was bored with the caching by the end of the day, but I don't anticipate doing that again.

Where I do feel a little burned out is  if I've had a month or two where I was going out every weekend, then I will most probably find other things to do with my weekends for a while (I'm in one of those stages right now), and after a few weeks where I haven't been caching much  my mojo will be back and I'll be  out again at some point.

I would definitely feel burned out by doing a streak. My longest streak is 12 days, and that was because I was working away for 2 weeks and wanted something to do in the city, and used caching as a way to see the place, but I would never consider doing a long streak.

When we have adverts for gambling on UK TV they have a slogan "When the fun stops, stop", which I think also applies to caching - no problem with taking some time off.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to think about what people mean by "burnt out". If I were a runner and ran a marathon, I suspect I wouldn't want to run the next day, and I might even feel like taking a week or a month or a year off from running. But I don't think a runner would call that "burnt out", would they? What people are describing here -- including what the OP asks about -- seems more like having had enough to be satiated for a while, not burning out entirely.

After my 367 day streak, I didn't geocache for a few days, but it was just that I wanted to do something else for a change, not that I felt so tired of geocaching I couldn't do it anymore.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, dprovan said:

I'm starting to think about what people mean by "burnt out". If I were a runner and ran a marathon, I suspect I wouldn't want to run the next day, and I might even feel like taking a week or a month or a year off from running. But I don't think a runner would call that "burnt out", would they? What people are describing here -- including what the OP asks about -- seems more like having had enough to be satiated for a while, not burning out entirely.

After my 367 day streak, I didn't geocache for a few days, but it was just that I wanted to do something else for a change, not that I felt so tired of geocaching I couldn't do it anymore.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  Even if I did a 1000 cache powertrail in a day and at the end of the day felt like I'd never want to see another film canister...I'd probably still end up happy to grab an ammo can the next day.  There is enough variation in landscape and hide style that I don't feel like true "burnout" is a thing.  Getting bored with it?  Yeah, I guess plenty of folks do.  But if you are really into it, ebbs and flows are natural...just as they are with any activity or hobby.

I felt pretty burned out after the weekend when we got 174 caches - 100 one day and 74 the next.  What really got to me was logging them afterward.  If I had a smart phone and could log them all from the field, I'd still feel burned out about it, but at least it wouldn't have cost me so much time after.

34 minutes ago, hzoi said:

I felt pretty burned out after the weekend when we got 174 caches - 100 one day and 74 the next.  What really got to me was logging them afterward.  If I had a smart phone and could log them all from the field, I'd still feel burned out about it, but at least it wouldn't have cost me so much time after.

If you're like me, it would take you twice as long to log from the field. Typing nice logs on a phone isn't easy or fun. Course, you could do like a lot of people these days by copying and pasting the same log for every cache. I'm not positive, but I think there is even a way to bulk log via an app. ?

1 hour ago, hzoi said:

If I had a smart phone and could log them all from the field, I'd still feel burned out about it, but at least it wouldn't have cost me so much time after.

Unless they were all "TFTC" logs :laughing:

I think burnout for me is what shapes the caching habits. Not so much a 'wall' you just don't want to go past, but more like that poitn in time when you've just had enough and need to rest. Whether it's short term (a good day of caching) or life (priorities, or lesser value in the time used for caching)...

My first 'burnout' I think shifted me into the challenge qualifier mentality. Instead of just going to find a variety of geocaches for the fun of it (whether for 10 or a high find day), since that got fairly repetitive after a while, I started to be much more selective - seeking interesting, fun, or statistically relevant caches towards qualifying for challenges.  So for the long term, burnout shifted me from caching for aimless finds to targeted and filtered value in the finds. On the short term, burnout reduced the number of high-find days, and comparing today to 8 years ago, there are very fewer days of going out 'powertrailing'.

More recently burnout has tightened my flitering even more. Mainly, those challenge caches that were more accessible I've mostly qualified for, so traveling takes less priority because they're getting fewer and farther between (burnout on costs and travel time), and now that I vlog geocaching my cache filtering has a new aspect where if I'm going to put a lot of work and time into finding a great cache, I ask myself if this would be worth vlogging?

These days, my caching rate is so much less than my first few years.  My caching is almost exclusively on weekends (almost), and rarely for high count days (relatively speaking; still a lot compare to some people). I might average a single handful during the week at most, and 10-20 tops on a weekend.  This year I'm sure I'll cross 1000 again, but I may not next year.

But that's not burnout on geocaching in general, just a burnout in cachign style which has shifted focus over the years.

2 hours ago, hzoi said:

My "best day" was only 28 Finds, and I thought that was a draining, never-to-be-repeated feat. And I do have a smartphone, but use it only for entering field notes drafts, which are just shorthand memos to myself. I write the actual logs later, when I have a real keyboard.

1 hour ago, Mudfrog said:

If you're like me, it would take you twice as long to log from the field. Typing nice logs on a phone isn't easy or fun. Course, you could do like a lot of people these days by copying and pasting the same log for every cache. I'm not positive, but I think there is even a way to bulk log via an app. ?

Some of the third-party apps I've used have had a template feature, where the log could be prepopulated with boilerplate text. Most even included macro functions, so you could automatically insert that this was your nth find, or whatever. But none have supported automated bulk logs; you still have to submit the log, even if you don't change any of the boilerplate text.

1 hour ago, Mudfrog said:

Typing nice logs on a phone isn't easy or fun.

Voice recognition helps a lot.

1 hour ago, thebruce0 said:

Unless they were all "TFTC" logs :laughing:

I did try to make them all different.  But I resorted to some chicanery when I had nothing to say about the cache - resorting to "what's playing on iTunes" or "quotes from my spam filter."  :laughing:

3 minutes ago, niraD said:

My "best day" was only 28 Finds

I wouldn't characterize that weekend as my best.  But I really wanted to celebrate our 4000th find with our first cache in Japan, and we were way behind getting there - so, one big month of caching as a result.

We've had a much easier time of it this month - our first cache in Monaco will be our 9,000th find, and we have only 18 caches to find between now and mid-November.  So we've been able to take it a bit slower and enjoy it more!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, niraD said:

"best day"

Most of my "best days" have been either 0 or 1 finds.  I snicker at how Groundspeak defines it.

One of my favourites ever, a single cache, involved no less than six days, two attempts in two different years, if you include all the days spent in that remote valley on both attempts, and if you count the glorious rest day in the sun beside the river, celebrating my victory with beers and a book.

Guess I averaged 1/6 of a cache per day on that escapade.  Great cure for burnout.  B)

Edited by Viajero Perdido
56 minutes ago, niraD said:

But none have supported automated bulk logs; you still have to submit the log, even if you don't change any of the boilerplate text.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this but in GSAK I prepare a short template for the cache day, import from caches from GPS and then write the individual part for each cache. I also enter retrieve/drop/discover info and add photo's if needed. I then just hit "publish all" and sit back until all is logged. No need to go to each individual cache or trackable  page.

It saves a lot of time compared to manually log caches/TBs one by one and the end result is the same.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, niraD said:

Most even included macro functions, so you could automatically insert that this was your nth find

Or the macro function that really annoys me--enough to give me cache ownership burnout.

I have recently archived 2 caches after getting 10-50 bulk GSAK-style logs -- the groups that cache around here seem to be sharing the same macro too..."Thanks so much #cacheownername for placing a cache here, we had a great day!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
11 minutes ago, on4bam said:

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by this but in GSAK I prepare a short template for the cache day, import from caches from GPS and then write the individual part for each cache. I also enter retrieve/drop/discover info and add photo's if needed. I then just hit "publish all" and sit back until all is logged. No need to go to each individual cache or trackable  page.

Yeah, I've never used GSAK. (We don't use Windows systems at home.) And none of the Android apps that I've used have had this kind of bulk logging feature. They've just had template features. I haven't used the template features either, but I know they're there.

4 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

Or the macro function that really annoys me--enough to give me cache ownership burnout.

I have recently archived 2 caches after getting 10-50 bulk GSAK-style logs -- the groups that cache around here seem to be sharing the same macro too..."Thanks so much #cacheownername for placing a cache here, we had a great day!

They could just as well log TFTC or ".", every tool can be misused.

Just now, niraD said:

Yeah, I've never used GSAK. (We don't use Windows systems at home.) And none of the Android apps that I've used have had this kind of bulk logging feature. They've just had template features. I haven't used the template features either, but I know they're there.

GDAK behaves about the same (except adding photographs and trackables). Enter all logs and "publish"...

8 minutes ago, on4bam said:

They could just as well log TFTC or ".", every tool can be misused.

Yes. And seems very true for geocaching. If there is a way to misuse a tool, it will be misused. 

Thankfully, as a cache owner we have the option to opt out. 

I like the creativity of being a cache owner but the dreaded bulk cut n paste GSAK logs leaves me cold. 

Edited by L0ne.R
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Same mentality is growing with trackables now and the auto-discover features of tools like TBscan. Barely anyone actually takes the time to appreciate, let alone read, what a TB is all about. Even when they're right in front of faces at an event. Just get the code and discover.

TBs are broken in so many ways, and this is a big part of it.

I have completely burnt out as a TB mover, and I no longer pick them up, even if I'm about to get on a plane.  (I make one exception, for a certain grade-school class; an educational thing.)  Why bother moving a TB close to its goal when the next cacher will take it half a planet in the wrong direction?

51 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Why bother moving a TB close to its goal when the next cacher will take it half a planet in the wrong direction?

Because most of the fun of TB ownership are the TBs moving towards their goal, so you protest is just hurting the very people that are hurt by the general lack of interest in TBs. TB owners need more friends, not fewer. They may be disappointed when the TB travels in the wrong direction -- although I'm sure more are used to it and just shrug, preferring a moving TB to one that's disappeared -- but they'll be even more disappointed when no one that cares about TBs ever helps move them.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, sorry.  Nothing obliges me to pick up a TB I might see in a cache.  Or (more likely these days) part of a big pile that's shoved past me on a table somewhere.

I might mention noticing a TB in my found-it log, but also nothing obliges me to search the box for a TB that's listed as being there.

Burnt out on TBs.

Oh, and declining to take action should not be characterized as hurting someone.  Play that broken sub-game but leave me out of it.

1 hour ago, thebruce0 said:

Same mentality is growing with trackables now and the auto-discover features of tools like TBscan. Barely anyone actually takes the time to appreciate, let alone read, what a TB is all about. Even when they're right in front of faces at an event. Just get the code and discover.

When I visited GCHQ one of the nicer activities was chatting with a few other geocachers that were visiting from various parts of North America.  There were also 3-4 people that, during the 20 minutes or so I was there, spent the entire time going through the cache and discovering all the TBs in it.   They didn't seem interested in socializing with the other geocachers there.

5 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Most of my "best days" have been either 0 or 1 finds.  I snicker at how Groundspeak defines it.

One of my favourites ever, a single cache, involved no less than six days, two attempts in two different years, if you include all the days spent in that remote valley on both attempts, and if you count the glorious rest day in the sun beside the river, celebrating my victory with beers and a book.

Guess I averaged 1/6 of a cache per day on that escapade.  Great cure for burnout.  B)

Hard to define a single best day. But like you, most were getting one challenging cache. There is a 10 mile hike in the woods multi cache about 80 miles from us that is close to number one. Logged it as found the first trip but have hiked it a few more  times just for the fun of it. Another was when I loaded of the kayak, drove 120 miles, and paddled 2 miles to get an island cache. And yet another was a cache 45 feet up in a big magnolia tree that required some form of climbing gear, took three trips before I finally managed to get to the cache.

I don't expect to find many caches like these out in the wild. However, it sure would be nice to run across one every once in a while that didn't require a drive of 300 or more miles to get to.  Wouldn't be none of this talk of burnout for me if that was the case. B)

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, L0ne.R said:

Be careful what you wish for. I mostly get multi-paragraph logs, but of late very few logs at all. Of the four caches I've hid this year, only one has had more than two finds; I have to go back two and a half years to find one that's topped 20, and all the way back to January 2014 for my one and only cache that's topped 100. When it gets to the point where my new caches don't get any attempts at all, that'll probably be it.

6 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Yeah, sorry.  Nothing obliges me to pick up a TB I might see in a cache.

I'm sorry, too. I didn't mean to suggest you were required to pick TBs up. I thought you wanted to pick them up, but you decided not to for reasons I thought I could get you to reconsider. I felt bad thinking you weren't enjoying TBs anymore just because some people make mistakes. If you don't want to help TBs travel, then, by all means, don't. I thought you were complaining about TBs because you once liked moving them.

I've been foiled in my good intentions one time too many. I was able to take a Japan-bound TB to Korea, sweet, those countries are next to each other!  Thought the owner might be thrilled with that. Then some Euro takes it home to Switzerland. I give up.

Most TBs I see nowadays are in bags or on a table. I used to find them in caches.

And I used to be able to find out what happened to a TB after I dropped it into a cache. That's extremely difficult now, hundreds of pages of filler. I give up.

Still have fun finding boxes in the woods. :)

PS, my innate nature is, I try to help. By grousing about this, I hope someone at Frog HQ reads this and decides to fix the TB recipe.  That's why I chimed in. Please fix. MTBGA!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

Be careful what you wish for. I mostly get multi-paragraph logs, but of late very few logs at all. Of the four caches I've hid this year, only one has had more than two finds; I have to go back two and a half years to find one that's topped 20, and all the way back to January 2014 for my one and only cache that's topped 100. When it gets to the point where my new caches don't get any attempts at all, that'll probably be it.

Yeah.  When I started geocaching (fourteen years ago), geocaching was mostly about hiking.  Most of my geocaches (well, except for my urban hides) were/are hiking caches.  Nowadays, they don't get found very often.  Most have a find or two this year.  Now GS thinks I should do frequent maintenance on my caches (for the CHS).  I don't think so.  I do feel that burnout coming.  

On the other fin, since I retired, I am working on a streak.  That's my exercise for the day.  105 days.  Today's hike was three miles with 300' of climb.