image descriptions not displayed

Pontiac_CZ

6 hours ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

images uploaded via the old form with name entered instead of description have the name displayed.

I see the same thing.  You have to drill down to the image, a couple of steps to view a "Description".  In cache and TB logs, not even the "Name" is shown, even when clicking the thumbnail within a log.  I'd prefer at least "Name" be shown with the icon or thumbnail.

Untitled-tb1.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Pontiac_CZ said:

OK, so image descriptions in logs have been fixed. The gallery is likely being worked on...

The problem with the gallery was raised in the Release Notes thread for the new logging page a year or so back, when they implemented photo captions using the Description field rather than the Name field. While I always live in hope, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed.

Image Descriptions are still not displayed when you use the 'View Logbook' from the cache page.  Elsewhere, if no Name is provided, the Description is displayed.  Here, if the Name has not been provided, then nothing is displayed.  Also, when you click on the image from View Logbook, it is displayed at about 50% size, compared to the cache page or gallery.

Clearly images are not being handled consistently across the site, and this should be fixed.

Contributing to the problem...  If you add an image by dragging to "Drop photos here" when logging a visit (i.e. the "new look"), you can click on the image to provide an "Optional description".  I think it would make far more sense to allow for a Name and Description, or Name only.