Earthcaching Weekend

STNolan

2 minutes ago, STNolan said:

It's arguably one of the busiest weekends of the year for Earthcache COs! How's everyone's inbox surviving?

Deathly quiet, although the fact that it's been raining all weekend and the tides are unfavourable for my coastal EC (lows are before dawn and after dusk) might have something to do with it.

1 minute ago, barefootjeff said:

Deathly quiet, although the fact that it's been raining all weekend and the tides are unfavourable for my coastal EC (lows are before dawn and after dusk) might have something to do with it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your worldview) mine are very spread out... so it's always sunny somewhere!

That being said my "urban" EC is getting a LOT of attention this weekend.

13 hours ago, STNolan said:

It's arguably one of the busiest weekends of the year for Earthcache COs! How's everyone's inbox surviving?

I haven't seen any traffic yet, but my EarthCache has been out a while, so the folks interested in these Souvenirs have probably already gotten it.

Lots and lots of emails. And a load of find logs with no emails.

Now the fun admin job starts where I have to wait an indefinite amount of time and then chase up those without emails.

Of course it doesn't help that half the time I don't get an email it's because the finder has sent answers via the message centre which has malfunctioned and lost the message...

4 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

There are nine ECs in my region (New South Wales Central Coast). Two of those had two visitors over the weekend, four had one visitor and the rest (including mine) none. So not a hive of EC activity, although the wet weather probably didn't help.

So rather than a volcanic upheaval of earthcaching activity in your area, the excitement of the EC souvenir was severely eroded by the action of rain water...

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 3