Stolen Car - Has a TB on it.

Moonstarrr

A fellow cachers car was stolen this week. It's a small black car (don't have the specifics, sorry) with a trackable bug sticker on the back. The TB reference # is TB4A0GD. It was last seen in the Clackamas area of Oregon. If you see a car like this, could you please log the TB so we can help track down this car? And if you're inclined,  spread the word? Thanks everyone.

23 minutes ago, Moonstarrr said:

A fellow cachers car was stolen this week. It's a small black car (don't have the specifics, sorry) with a trackable bug sticker on the back. The TB reference # is TB4A0GD. It was last seen in the Clackamas area of Oregon. If you see a car like this, could you please log the TB so we can help track down this car? And if you're inclined,  spread the word? Thanks everyone.

Sorry, but this sounds suspicious to me.  Just log a discover on the TB, and you'll eventually track it down to find the car thief?

The TB page states what the car is a black 98 Honda Civic, and:

So this car cache is located on one of our cars. I'm sure you can guess which one even if the other is driving:) We cache mostly in this car but also will be getting a car cache for the other car. We are having a competition between the two of us on who's car can be spotted the most.Log me when you see me and tell me where our paths crossed.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
11 hours ago, Moonstarrr said:

A fellow cachers car was stolen this week. It's a small black car (don't have the specifics, sorry) with a trackable bug sticker on the back. The TB reference # is TB4A0GD. 

1 hour ago, TriciaG said:

License plate number is easier to spot. :)

Yep.   Folks would spot a stolen vehicle's make/model and license number before a decal "somewhere" on it.  :)

Agree with Max and 99 as well ... seems odd that the OP knows the reference number of the decal, but not the make/model of the vehicle when it's clearly on the trackable's page

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, Moonstarrr said:

Scary stuff!  I wouldn't want to get close enough to read a TB number.  Can you have the owner post the license plate number, or at least more info?

It would be good to add something to the TB's page.  It is very rare for me to randomly discover a car TB decal on the road, and if I do, I never assume that my discovery is important to a criminal investigation.  I never expect there's any urgency in logging it.

Is it the plan that finders dial 911?  Or are they to just log the TB?

Edited by kunarion

Agreed that it sounds suspicious.  Especially since the mission of the TB is to be discovered as many times as possible.  And no update to the TB description or logs about how getting too close to the car may be dangerous because of it being stolen...  Or "if found, please contact local authorities."

13 hours ago, GO Geiger said:

Agreed that it sounds suspicious.  Especially since the mission of the TB is to be discovered as many times as possible.  And no update to the TB description or logs about how getting too close to the car may be dangerous because of it being stolen...  Or "if found, please contact local authorities."

I might be missing something, or not looked deep enough... I agree it's a little odd, but suspicious?  They haven't published the tracking number for it to be discovered, so they're clearly not fishing for discover logs...

On 10/12/2018 at 10:02 PM, Moonstarrr said:

Will there ever be an update about the stolen car? Was it recovered? That sure would be nice.