Ammo cans in PDX...

sparklehorse

Can some of you PDX folks please share with me where you get your ammo cans? Usually I use the better quality Rubbermaids but I'm working on placing a cache that really needs the extra weight and durability of an ammo can. Thanks!

sparklehorse

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Navdog:

Earlier this summer I bought a couple dozen small 30 cal. cans at the Post Exchange in Damascus. Haven't stopped by there since, so not sure what there supply is like, but at $ 2.00 ea., it was a bargain.

Post Exchange

19855 Sunnyside Rd

Doug and I have purchased several things there. You could spend hours looking around! We got 4 ammo cans in the fall (just have to get off our butts and create some caches now). The smaller ones were indeed two bucks and I think the bigger ones were $3. Sgt. Gator's used to have a webpage, but I can't find one now.

--laurak of dasein

--Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

Also if you live on the east side (which I do not...), you can get them at The Foxhole. A military surplus place on 182nd and Division (I believe). I was there the other day and they have a buku cans of various sizes...

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

Also if you live on the east side (which I do not...), you can get them at The Foxhole. A military surplus place on 182nd and Division (I believe).

It's on 82nd as opposed to 182nd...

--Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

COOL... That would mean there are two. I know for sure the one I was at was on 182nd (maybe 181st it does a whoopdy up there somewhere...). It was after doing Holly Ridge on the way to wannatagalong's place that I stopped. Way east of 82nd. But 82nd is actually closer to where I live icon_biggrin.gif

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**