Challenge Cache type update?

On 10/17/2018 at 9:26 PM, arisoft said:

The best option could be subcategories for mystery caches. For example green mystery icon for field puzzles, red for not field solvable puzzles and rd icon for challenges. Then you could see the type from the color but they are all mystery caches.

Oh look at that - you agree that challenge caches should have a different icon on the map after all...  Now I don't know why at all you were arguing for the contrary...

4 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Oh look at that - you agree that challenge caches should have a different icon on the map after all...  Now I don't know why at all you were arguing for the contrary...

That is what you suggested. I agree that your idea to display different kind icon depending on attributes is the best option which suits for everyone. You tried to argue that it is not possible but you are wrong - your idea is possible.

3 hours ago, arisoft said:

That is what you suggested. I agree that your idea to display different kind icon depending on attributes is the best option which suits for everyone. You tried to argue that it is not possible but you are wrong - your idea is possible.

No. I said a different icon. So did you, although apparently that was just more trolling. Never mind.

1 hour ago, funkymunkyzone said:

No. I said a different icon. So did you, although apparently that was just more trolling. Never mind.

Your idea is not trolling because the idea of different icons is possible to achieve and side effects are minimal. There is no need for different cache type to get different icons. We already have different icon for DNFs and caches with corrected coordinates. When challenges at some day will have special Challenge or ALR attribute, the map can easily display different icons for them.

You may not know but PGC Live Map is already displaying different icon for challenge caches. That is because PGC have database of Challenges and can use this additional information when displaying the map. This information is just missing from the official database preventing to show the special icon for challenges.