Found Cache Not Listed On Map???

tn02

Need help.  I found a cache that is not listed on the map.  Was in an area and thought “this is a good place for a cache” so I looked and would ya know – I found one LOL
Talking with a fellow Cahcer and she said it is probably a second location.  So, we looked on the map and found one that is the closest (Surveyor’s Mark) and I solved that one correctly but the Co-ord’s don’t take me to the one I found. It had a new log in it – mine is the first signed (but we thought it was Surveyor’s cause the day before I found it they posted they put in a new log).  But again, with correct Co-ord’s, it is not.
How do I find what the one I found is??? Thanks

24 minutes ago, tn02 said:

Could be a new mystery (look for mystery icons in a 3.2Km radius) or the cache of a multi. It could also be a not yet published traditional.

At least here many logbooks have the GC code and/or cachename and some have contactinfo of the CO.

43 minutes ago, tn02 said:

Need help.  I found a cache that is not listed on the map.  Was in an area and thought “this is a good place for a cache” so I looked and would ya know – I found one LOL
Talking with a fellow Cahcer and she said it is probably a second location.  So, we looked on the map and found one that is the closest (Surveyor’s Mark) and I solved that one correctly but the Co-ord’s don’t take me to the one I found. It had a new log in it – mine is the first signed (but we thought it was Surveyor’s cause the day before I found it they posted they put in a new log).  But again, with correct Co-ord’s, it is not.

Try contacting a local reviewer for help. Example: CacheDrone

26 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Could be a new mystery (look for mystery icons in a 3.2Km radius) or the cache of a multi. It could also be a not yet published traditional.

At least here many logbooks have the GC code and/or cachename and some have contactinfo of the CO.

I did look for mulit or mystery near it - will keep trying that though.  Thanks

26 minutes ago, tn02 said:

Ya I just sent a message to the Contact Us.  Hope that will help.  Thanks

Send a message to your local reviewer. Include the coordinates of the container you found.  The reviewer will know which listing the cache is associated with.  It may be one that hasn't published yet.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, K13 said:

Send a message to your local reviewer. Include the coordinates of the container you found.  The reviewer will know which listing the cache is associated with.  It may be one that hasn't published yet.

I did send a message but not coordinates - will do that too though.  And I am so hoping it is one that has not been published yet LOL   I don't have any FTF and a FTF before publishing would be a first LOL
Thanks

On 10/9/2018 at 2:42 PM, tn02 said:

I did send a message but not coordinates - will do that too though.  And I am so hoping it is one that has not been published yet LOL   I don't have any FTF and a FTF before publishing would be a first LOL
Thanks

How close was it to the Survey Marker final? It might have been a cache that was too close (less than 161m) and was rejected for publication. I've found a few of those (the owners never went back to retrieve them).

I found a pre-published cache once. It was a new trail and I was searching out spots for a couple of hides. I found a pill bottle marked #32 in a stump behind a bench. Someone had placed a power trail of pill bottles already.  Miffed the FTF-after-publication a little when he saw my trailname and date in that pill bottle. 

Did CacheDrone get back to you? I'm curious to know if it was pre-publication, or too close, or something else. 

1 minute ago, DyverDown said:

If it had a log book, you could always email one of the previous finders as well and ask them what you found....

That's not going to be easy :D

On 10/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, tn02 said:

It had a new log in it – mine is the first signed