Garmin [450t] GPS won't power on

Hi All ,

I have a garmin 450t .After i used GSAK to load a gpx to it today it has decided not to start up from battery.I have tried various batteries but the same outcome.Just a blank screen.

It connects fine by  usb to my pc so i have removed the latest gpx file but no difference.I checked with garmin express and it has the latest software.

Read a few forums and hard reset cannot work as the screen is blank.

Is there anything else i can try?

If you have an installed SD card, remove that and try again.

When you say "various batteries" do you mean you tried brand new batteries?

I'm pretty sure I've reset these when the screen is blank.

To perform the master reset:

Power device off.

Press and hold a finger on upper-left corner of display.

Power device on while continuing to press corner of display.

Release power button once Oregon powers on.

Touch 'Yes' on Do you really want to erase all user data?

Edited by kunarion
16 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

Somewhat off topic (ok, mostly off topic), but have you used the newer Oregon models? The 600 or 700 series? Let me just say... wow! I have no desire to go back to using my 450 again.

I agree 1000% - the last time I dug one of my Oregon x50 out to check something, I couldn't believe how slow, clunky and non-user friendly it was! Of course, this only becomes apparent after using the Oregon 6x0 and 7x0 series units for some time now. So much faster, smoother, nicer... Apples and Oranges. Plus, the Oregon 7x0 capability to access geocaching live data live in the field without fiddling around with a PC is well worth the additional cost, IMHO.

Fwiw

I have suffered the " brick " problem and recall that after speaking to a Garmin tech. I was advised, after connecting a power source, to keep pressing the power button for up to a minute. Sometimes it can take that long to work.

Edited by mikeD
Typo!