Help me decide on which GPS to buy!

17 minutes ago, toms un dzerijs said:

Hello everyone! I am not very familiar with geocaching with a Garmin, but I am looking to get one. Which one should I buy - Garmin Oregon 750t or Garmin Montana 680t? I personally like the Motana better in terms of it's screen size but I don't which one is better for Geocaching.

The Montana definitely is big. Did you compare how it each device feels to hold and carry around?

A couple of considerations are, the 750 has wireless cache loading over a hotspot or bluetooth. The Montana has an optional car mount with a speaker that allows it to charge and do voice street routing, and it's slightly more expensive than the 750.

• Helpful 1
18 minutes ago, kunarion said:

The Montana definitely is big. Did you compare how it each device feels to hold and carry around?

A couple of considerations are, the 750 has wireless cache loading over a hotspot or bluetooth. The Montana has an optional car mount with a speaker that allows it to charge and do voice street routing, and it's slightly more expensive than the 750.

Thanks! I am planning to go to the local Garmin store to test both devices in person!

While the Montana's screen size is an advantage, I think that the features on the Oregon outweigh the Montana. The capacitive touch screen is much nicer to use, and more durable (I'd still recommend a screen protector over it, though), the Oregon's screen is brighter and easier to read even without a backlight, and the two customizable buttons on the side are what seal the deal for me (I have a 600, but it's basically identical to the 700 minus the wifi features).

• Helpful 2
10 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

While the Montana's screen size is an advantage, I think that the features on the Oregon outweigh the Montana. The capacitive touch screen is much nicer to use, and more durable (I'd still recommend a screen protector over it, though), the Oregon's screen is brighter and easier to read even without a backlight, and the two customizable buttons on the side are what seal the deal for me (I have a 600, but it's basically identical to the 700 minus the wifi features).

Thanks! I have made my choise. Oregon it is!