duplicate caches

olytreeman

When the "send to GPS" feature was in place, if I attempted to add a cache that I had already loaded I got a window that said it was already loaded. Now when I add caches to my list I never get that notice. If I have already loaded one. Does anyone know if I am getting them loaded twice or is it just overriding a previously added one? 

2 hours ago, olytreeman said:

When the "send to GPS" feature was in place, if I attempted to add a cache that I had already loaded I got a window that said it was already loaded. Now when I add caches to my list I never get that notice. If I have already loaded one. Does anyone know if I am getting them loaded twice or is it just overriding a previously added one? 

For adding a cache to a "List", you don't get duplicates in that List, you get the most current cache info.  The old list file on the GPS is then over-written by the new file of the same name, so the GPS gets whatever is in the List at that time.  If the cache info is already on the GPS and in a different file, it depends on the GPS, but usually it displays the most recent info.