Best US GC Cities???

I saw the title and was going to say Prescott AZ, but I saw someone already beat me to it  The Raven's Labyrinth should be placed at Geocaching HQ in Seattle..It's world class as should be shared by everyone. It's so good they could make it coin operated and people would pay to get to the log. In addition, there more of Raven's caches that are must do..The Indiana Jones caches will make you swear you are Harrison Ford.. Ravenland, as it is called, is a Geocaching destination  for all 

1 hour ago, K13 said:

There are a few caches near the mapdot of Mingo, Kansas which have several hundred FP.

A huge thumbs-up for mentioning this.  I recently did a caching roadtrip across Kansas, and was unexpectedly surprised at the quality and variety of the caches we found.  What I expected to be a boring drive on Interstate 70 transformed into an adventure in creative gadget caches.  In large part, this is due to the efforts of ottieolsen.  Click here for ottieolsen's hides, sorted by favorite points.

• Upvote 2

Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area is my favorite urban/suburban place to geocache. There are over 50 mostly high quality Virtual caches within 10 miles of the center of town. There are nearly two hundred mystery caches in the same area AND a webcam. There are lots of bike trails in and around town and there is a good metro system. A lot of the caches bring you to the world class museums and historical sights and to some that are lesser known.

ETA: Lots of benchmarks, too, some of historical interest!

Edited by Michaelcycle
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, coachstahly said:

In the midwest between Shelbyville and Rushville Indiana (southeast of Indianapolis, IN) on SR 44 is a long stretch of gadget caches.  Indy has some nice caches as well but Louisville, KY has some really good ones and some great hiking within 30-45 minutes of downtown Louisville.

Used to live out there until a few months ago. Got maybe 2/3's of them. Very neat hides.

• Helpful 1
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Dame Deco said:

Louisville, KY--lots by Show Me the Cache

Ahh yes. Louisville has been one of the greats for me. Especially Show Me The Cache, SherpaRon, and BuffaloBob's hides. ARF has some great ones too. 

I'd love to get over there sometime soon. :) 

On 10/5/2018 at 12:52 AM, The Jester said:

Prescott in Arizona has a number of nice cache by The Raven - The Raven's Labyrinth is best example example I know.

Goblindust puts our some great gadget caches, centered around Bremerton, WA (some are scattered across Western WA and as far south as Portland OR).

Mr. Gadget #2 does some nice gadget caches, centered around Wenatchee, WA (eastern side of state).

I also used to live in Phoenix, which is somewhat near Prescott, long before I was interested in caching. Kinda upset that I didn't start sooner ?

I am am going to be traveling to Portland and Seattle in August for a couple of days and would like to know what caches are the best in terms of inginuity/cleverness (aside from HQ GeoTour caches). Ones worth flying cross-country for.

Edited by TwistedCube
3 hours ago, TwistedCube said:

I also used to live in Phoenix, which is somewhat near Prescott, long before I was interested in caching. Kinda upset that I didn't start sooner ?

I am am going to be traveling to Portland and Seattle in August for a couple of days and would like to know what caches are the best in terms of inginuity/cleverness (aside from HQ GeoTour caches). Ones worth flying cross-country for.

Check out goblindust's hides.  His great caches reach from Portland to Seattle area.  One of the HQ GT caches is his.