Things you can't do on the mobile app

Nos402

I just wanted to check on a few things that as far as I can tell can't be done on the mobile (iPhone) app to see if I'm just missing something:

Put caches on the ignore list

Put caches on the watch list

Report that a cache needs maintenance

Also, related question: So whenever I have a DNF, I'd like to get notifications if someone else logs it so I can see if it's back in service, etc. I'm guessing the "watch list" would do just that. Via the app, since I can't see a way to add to the watch list, I made a custom "DNF" list, but I son't see a way to get notifications of any logs on the caches I put on this list either.

I know there's the option to "open in browser" but that doesn't count as being able to do it in the mobile app.

Edited by Nos402

On the Geocaching® app

1. On the cache details page, tap the ellipsis menu (⋯) on iPhone and the vertical ellipsis menu (⋮) on Android.
  2. Select Report a Problem.
  3. Select Needs Maintenance or Needs Archived.
  4. Explain the issue in your log text, and post your log.  

- As per the Help Center.

AFAIK both the ignore and watchlist are open in browser, and I like it that way.

- Sort of an "app not meant to replace everything from the site" kinda thing.   :)

• Helpful 1
1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

On the Geocaching® app

1. On the cache details page, tap the ellipsis menu (⋯) on iPhone and the vertical ellipsis menu (⋮) on Android.
  2. Select Report a Problem.
  3. Select Needs Maintenance or Needs Archived.
  4. Explain the issue in your log text, and post your log.  

- As per the Help Center.

AFAIK both the ignore and watchlist are open in browser, and I like it that way.

- Sort of an "app not meant to replace everything from the site" kinda thing.   :)

I only have "Add to list, personal note, share" and the "add to list." HOWEVER, thanks to this post, I did just notice that at the very bottom of the cache info page there is a "report problem with this geocache" where you can request maintenance or archiving! So one down!

On 9/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Nos402 said:

Also, related question: So whenever I have a DNF, I'd like to get notifications if someone else logs it so I can see if it's back in service, etc. I'm guessing the "watch list" would do just that. Via the app, since I can't see a way to add to the watch list, I made a custom "DNF" list, but I son't see a way to get notifications of any logs on the caches I put on this list either.

To address this question of yours, you can activate notifications if you visit the Lists page on a web browser.  Just move this slider and then you'll get an email notification every time someone logs a cache that's on that list:

image.png.ce1bd247ef25cfa718ea522d6e33de23.png

• Upvote 1
On 9/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, Nos402 said:

I just wanted to check on a few things that as far as I can tell can't be done on the mobile (iPhone) app to see if I'm just missing something:

Put caches on the ignore list

Put caches on the watch list

Report that a cache needs maintenance

I know there's the option to "open in browser" but that doesn't count as being able to do it in the mobile app.

I would also very much like to add to both the ignore and watch lists from the app instead of having to open the page in the browser. It’s just a bunch of unnecessary steps.