Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Cachin' Kara

Geocaching Website/App's Messaging Center - Delete Messages??

Hi. Is there a way to delete old messages in my (email type) message center? I've tried to delete old messages in both my Groundspeak Geocaching App and on the website. 

Any help (or hints.. hee, hee) would be appreciated. 

I have two EarthCaches and I'm receiving the answers to my questions through the messaging Center. It is now clogged with hundreds of such messages.

Neither the person who sent the answers nor I will continue to exchange any further messages at all after acknowledging the answers.

Why didn't  the designers of the messaging center keep that in mind while developing the app?

Is there a way to flush all messages, if there is no way to delete individual messages? Hiding is not an acceptable solution.

I suggest to include this feature in further updates, because I assume that the current behaviour might also be a violation of European Data Protection Laws.

Isebar

15 minutes ago, Isebar said:

Neither the person who sent the answers nor I will continue to exchange any further messages at all after acknowledging the answers.

If your device is not capable of sorting out so many messages you can use email instead. I prefer to use email on my mobile phone and message center app when I am using my Windows computer. Maybe you didn't know that you can use your email for processing all messages from the message center?

20 minutes ago, arisoft said:

Maybe you didn't know that you can use your email for processing all messages from the message center?

Thank you for your fast response, but I am aware of this option.

Processing messages from the message center by email does not remove the messages from the message center. Therefore it does not solve the (my) problem of an overflooded message center with single one-time messages of people who wrote for the sole purpose of answering the questions of an EarthCache, in order to log the EarthCache.

40 minutes ago, Isebar said:

Thank you for your fast response, but I am aware of this option.

What prevents you to solve the problem by using this method?

40 minutes ago, Isebar said:

Processing messages from the message center by email does not remove the messages from the message center.

You have misunderstood how the message center platform limits the number of messages visible. There is plenty of messages visible but most of them are not visible until you try to see them by scrolling up the message thread. The same happens with players. Only some recent players are visible until you try to load more by scrolling down the list.

If yor device is uncapable of handling this relatively small number of messages, you should try to use the message center with some other device with better capabilities to see if there is any difference. I do not believe that the total number of messages have nothing to do with your problem because I have thousands of messages in the message center.

2 hours ago, Isebar said:

Processing messages from the message center by email does not remove the messages from the message center.

Processing messages from the MC by email and otherwise completely ignoring the MC works for me.