Making a cache; Public Roads, Permissions

Foxyflame

Who do I ask permission from to place a cache on a public road in the UK. The place I have in mind is a beautiful natural spring on a quiet country road, a little way from several footpaths. The road itself is a quiet country lane, with suitable parking spots at various places along it, the visibility is good and the road is wide.

On 28/09/2018 at 6:33 AM, Foxyflame said:

Who do I ask permission from to place a cache on a public road in the UK. The place I have in mind is a beautiful natural spring on a quiet country road, a little way from several footpaths. The road itself is a quiet country lane, with suitable parking spots at various places along it, the visibility is good and the road is wide.

Thanks to have tought about parking spot and visibility some experienced cacher sometime forget that simple thing in my area...

On 28/09/2018 at 10:33 AM, Foxyflame said:

I suppose that technically you should try to find out who owns the land at the side of the road. I'm not entirely certain who owns the land immediately adjacent to roads - it might be the county council, it might be a private land owner. I guess it depends.

I suspect that I know very well what happens with 99.8% of caches hidden alongside public roads and footpaths however.