Garmin 35 etrex touch no more signal?

fairymicha

Hi there,

I've been using my Garmin etrex touch 35 for nearly two years and never had a big problem with it. Today I went out to try and find a cache and when I turned the Garmin on it couldn't find a signal. I left it searching for a while but no success. So I switched it off again, took the batteries out and back in, turned it on, switched the satellite off and on again and had a signal, for 10 seconds. then it was off again and didn't come back. I was in an area where I had signal with no problems before.

So, any ideas what I can do apart from get a new one? Has anyone had the same problem before and found a solution?

On 26/09/2018 at 6:57 PM, fairymicha said:

demo mode? to be honest, I never heard of it!

On the Satellite screen hit the menu button (bottom one on the left) and select Demo mode to turn it on or off, when it's on the GPS isn't actually using the Satellites - it's intended to use in a shop where there's no satellite reception to do a "demo". That's one of the things that would be fixed by a hard reset.

Anyway, glad you got it working again.

• Upvote 1

Hi I’m new here - hopefully someone can help or move post to correct place (thanks in advance) i purchased a Eltrex 35 touch. All appeared ok 1st day of use. Just recorded a track went out for a quick walk. The next day when I turned on device it hogs and freezes on Garmin boot screen. Tried removing batteries, same issue. Screen is u responsive. Fooled hard reset idea. Touch corner offscreen - erase user data, this comes up, but the screen is unresponsive when trying to touch the erase tab. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.