Italy Travel Bug Assistance

Team Sing

To my TB friends in Italy. I will be in Venice, Florence, Rome, Rapallo and Milan next month on a tour and hopefully will have the chance to unload the many Europe-bound travel bugs I retrieved from the Giga event in Ohio.  I was hoping to either get some guidance on some easy urban TB hotels in any of those cities or, alternatively, meet up with any local Italian Geocacher to pass along these travel bugs so they can begin their journey through Europe as hoped.  Any links to caches or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.  The MOST time we'll have with time to actually travel by car if needed will be when we are in Rapallo, where my family originated, for about 3 days.  Otherwise we are stuck in those large cities largely without transportation options out into the country nearby.

Thanks for any help.

Bryan aka Team Sing

5 hours ago, colleda said:

I see no problem with hanging on to them if it's going to help them achieve their goals, as it appears in this case. They could be languishing in other caches for years without getting near their goal or perhaps disappearing altogether.

Funny that some folks call that hoarding... 

It's true that they could  go missing,  and even  sitting or misdirected for years, never reaching their goals, anywhere placed.  Even Italy.

- They were retrieved at a giga event (with members from other countries present) , so it's also possible that someone else could have had a better chance of actually meeting those trackable's  goals by simply returning home.        ;)

No offense to anyone, but if I had four months time to find a cache, or mail a caching group/active cacher in any of the areas visited,  and then asked for help a few weeks before the restrictive "timeframe" is up,  (I feel) I wouldn't be  "helping".    :)

• Helpful 1

Ignoring most of the above....

I'll go with - thank you for your concerns.  I'm not new to geocaching and did not act without thinking, even if at first glance it might appear so.

Neither I, not the TB owners, all of whom know of the timing, share your concern.

If you happen to be in Italy and a friend of TBs, as invited in the post, I welcome any assistance or shared knowledge of known TB hotels.

Thanks for any help.

Bryan aka Team Sing

18 minutes ago, Team Sing said:

IceColdUK - That had not even crossed my mind by is completely doable.  Let me see if there is a time I could fit something in.  How fun would that be.  Thanks for the helpful comment and new direction.  Bryan

I’d check out local events - you may find one already organised.  If not, you may be able to identify a local (or two) to ask for advice on good times / locations.  Hopefully, that will also get you a bit more ‘buy in’ from the local community.  Good luck.