Next souvenir after adrenaline junky

hawk-dive

25 minutes ago, MNTA said:

Log any EarthCache on Saturday, October 13 or Sunday, October 14, and earn the International EarthCache Day 2018 digital souvenir. 

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2018/09/ten-stunning-earthcaches-from-around-the-world/

Thanks for the reminder on that MNTA, I have an earth cache about 500 meters away that I’m saving just for that souvenir .

From the original blog post, these were listed:

Each month from September through December, use the Friend League to individually earn points toward a new Geocacher Personality Souvenir. Are you an Adrenaline Junkie? A Caching Connoisseur? A Social Butterfly? A Trackable Lover? Collect them all to be the ultimate geocacher.

Since "Adrenaline Junkie" was the first one, I assume the other ones are the other three souvenirs. If these were listed in the order they'll occur, then the next one would be "Caching Connoisseur". I'm not sure what the idea behind that one might be. Maybe extra points for caches with lots of Favorite Points, or for finding some of the less common cache types?

Based on the very lenient requirements for the first souvenir, I expect "Social Butterfly" will probably be attained by hosting or attending one event of any type, and "Trackable Lover" for dropping a trackable or two. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, spotter/g said:

I did notice in the Adrenaline junkie Souvenir the thought bubble had a light bulb broken into 4 puzzle pieces. I am wonder if each one is a different puzzle piece, and if there will be a secret 5th if you get all 4?

Yeah, I've wondered about that too. Further evidence pointing in this direction is:

Collect them all to be the ultimate geocacher.

Maybe "You might be an Ultimate Geocacher if..." for getting the other four?

14 hours ago, The A-Team said:

From the original blog post, these were listed:

Each month from September through December, use the Friend League to individually earn points toward a new Geocacher Personality Souvenir. Are you an Adrenaline Junkie? A Caching Connoisseur? A Social Butterfly? A Trackable Lover? Collect them all to be the ultimate geocacher.

Since "Adrenaline Junkie" was the first one, I assume the other ones are the other three souvenirs. If these were listed in the order they'll occur, then the next one would be "Caching Connoisseur". I'm not sure what the idea behind that one might be. Maybe extra points for caches with lots of Favorite Points, or for finding some of the less common cache types?

Based on the very lenient requirements for the first souvenir, I expect "Social Butterfly" will probably be attained by hosting or attending one event of any type, and "Trackable Lover" for dropping a trackable or two. :ph34r:

12 hours ago, The A-Team said:
13 hours ago, spotter/g said:

I did notice in the Adrenaline junkie Souvenir the thought bubble had a light bulb broken into 4 puzzle pieces. I am wonder if each one is a different puzzle piece, and if there will be a secret 5th if you get all 4?

Yeah, I've wondered about that too. Further evidence pointing in this direction is:

Collect them all to be the ultimate geocacher.

Maybe "You might be an Ultimate Geocacher if..." for getting the other four?

Solid thinking there.  My money says you're right.

10 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:
On 9/24/2018 at 5:19 AM, hawk-dive said:

Just wondering if anyone knows what the next souvenirs will be for the next 3 months ?

I would rather see them devote some resources to adding more country/region based souvenirs then have yet another souvenir promotion this year.

Well, other than three more blog posts, presumably the work on these souvenirs is already done.  Maybe they're working on a Monaco souvenir right now so I can score a new country souvenir when we visit in November.

Yeah probably.  And the connoisseur I do think will be finding a couple caches with high favourites. Or collecting a certain amount of favourites (20?)

Maybe, hopefully, they'll adjust the requirements after the blowback from this month's "challenge" so it's not quite so... universally achievable (especailly if contrary to the very theme of the challenge - like adrenaline junkie)

25 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

Yeah probably.  And the connoisseur I do think will be finding a couple caches with high favourites. Or collecting a certain amount of favourites (20?)

Maybe, hopefully, they'll adjust the requirements after the blowback from this month's "challenge" so it's not quite so... universally achievable (especailly if contrary to the very theme of the challenge - like adrenaline junkie)

I didn't use any adrenaline earning the adrenaline junkie souvenir.  That's good, I really didn't want to become a junkie.

19 hours ago, hobgoblinkiteflier said:
On 9/24/2018 at 5:29 AM, Max and 99 said:

Not yet. Waiting for the announcement. 

Ha.  I read that as "waiting for the next disappointment."

You might want to check out moun10bike's post in the new thread.  These souvenir series are marketing campaigns, but this particular marketing campaign is not necessarily targeted at you.  If you're more of a numbers cacher, then Hidden Creatures was more aimed your way.

• Upvote 1