Adrenaline Junkie Souvenir scoring confusing

Kiwi Nomad

I have logged one cache for my three sons and myself.  As I couldn't get my head around the scoring I had a look at my friends league afterwards to see how many points I/we had.

After logging the same one cache for all four of us it would seem I'm not the only one who is confused.
Youngest son has 34 points
I have 40 points
Oldest two sons both have 46 points.

Each of you should've received 11 points for logging a find on the Choo Choo cache:

The cache has less than 10 favorite points = 5 points
The Difficulty rating is 1.5, so add 1.5 x 2 = 3 points
The Terrain rating is 1.5, so add 1.5 x 2 = 3 points
That totals 5+3+3 = 11 points for logging the find

Why you each have so many points (34, 40, 46, 46), when this is the first find for each of you since 9/3/2018, is curious.

On the Friend League page, you can click on each cacher and see where the points were acquired (see image below as an example):

image.png.d1a9a9befe02f79ab29564f66f76ef41.png

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Kiwi Nomad said:

it would seem it goes off when you log a cache as found online rather than the date it was found.  As I probably/possibly was still logging last months find when it started.

That would seem odd.  I am just starting to work through my Draft logs from finds last month.  Over the past couple days, I submitted 25+ logs with Found dates of late August, but those logs did not go towards my Friend League score.

Did you submit the logs with today's date, and then "Edit" the log to make the date be August?  I could see that being the issue.

2 minutes ago, Kiwi Nomad said:

By the end of the month I expect us to have qualified easily for this souvineer but I don't think we will get it if I have to have all of our finds logged while still on holiday.  I prefer to take my time logging once I am home and spend time away with friends and family. :-(

As long as you submit the log with the actual date (September) of the find, then that log should apply to the promotion running during September.  To be on the safe side, you could just log enough caches to get the souvenir and then not worry about logging the rest until you get home.  For this first "Adrenaline Junkie" souvenir, you wouldn't need to log more than 5-6 caches to get the souvenir. As you can see, that one cache already got you more than 20% of what's needed for September.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, noncentric said:

That would seem odd.  I am just starting to work through my Draft logs from finds last month.  Over the past couple days, I submitted 25+ logs with Found dates of late August, but those logs did not go towards my Friend League score.

Did you submit the logs with today's date, and then "Edit" the log to make the date be August?  I could see that being the issue.

I was wondering the same thing.

4 minutes ago, noncentric said:

I may have.  I tend to log each cache for all of us before logging the second find for the day, but that still doesn't account for all of the points as that is something I do for the first cache but remember to check for the rest of them.  Youngest son has fewer points as he didn't help hunt for the last cache of the day.

1 minute ago, Kiwi Nomad said:

I may have.  I tend to log each cache for all of us before logging the second find for the day, but that still doesn't account for all of the points as that is something I do for the first cache but remember to check for the rest of them.  Youngest son has fewer points as he didn't help hunt for the last cache of the day.

When you go to the Friend League page and click on each cacher's name, assuming each of your sons are Friends of your account, then does it show the breakdown of how the points were accrued?  For example, the image I posted above shows that I got 13 points for 1 cache, 5 points for another cache, and 3 points for a trackable.

Regarding the point discrepancies between the 4 accounts.  Maybe just a logging error?  Looks like 1 of your sons wasn't logged for the Under Hedge cache (12 points), so that might explain why 1 has 34 points and the other 2 have 46 points.  But yeah, it sounds like each of you should only have 11 in the Friends League, but because the logs were submitted with a recent date and then edited is causing the discrepancy.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Kiwi Nomad said:

Now you know to be mindful of the date when you log a cache find.