message center - email reply looses last line

TK.79

Hello Friends,

I'm loving the message center function to use a normal email client to reply to messages.

Today I've seen that the email parser seems to delete the last line of my messages:

5ba7f606a7d26_2018-09-2322_21_01-Posteingang-t.korth@gmail.com-MozillaThunderbird.jpg.e88477f33deaa85d812741cc8a8c94ea.jpg

5ba7f67197d78_2018-09-2322_22_44-MessageCenterOpera.thumb.jpg.baae437ffa5cd487db190b44e67155b0.jpg

If I type in another character as a "last line" this will be deleted and my name will be shown.

So I think that the email parser script deletes the "last line" of an email.

Regards

Tino

Very annoying because it is editing your message (not good!), and changing the tone by removing the friendly sign-off.  (In my case, it was removing the last two lines.)

I've mentioned this at least a couple of times, to no avail.  I see it's still doing that.

I avoid this message system as much as possible.  Email has been around for decades and the bugs are all worked out.  Why was this needed yet not finished?

Edited by Viajero Perdido
Changing my tone
37 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

I avoid this message system as much as possible.  Email has been around for decades and the bugs are all worked out.  Why was this needed yet not finished?

To be fair, the message center itself works just fine. Go to the website or call up the App to reply, and your message will go through in its entirety. I think the message center is a good system even if there remain kinks between it and the e-mail reply interface.

As I wrote some days ago in the general message center thread:

I prefer email and so I have set [x] Forward messages to e-mail.

I received a message which was forwarded to my e-mail inbox, I replied via e-mail and received another reply from that person via message which also was delivered to my e-mail inbox. Apparently the communication worked.

But none of this three messages is present in my Message Center.

Nothing to see here...... Sorry, I forgot that my conversation took place with my other account. There I found the messages and emails correctly recorded. :blink:

Edited by Hynz
deleting false error reporting