loading caches

gramleo

Can any tell me how to down load caches I have got instructions from support but can not get them to work I operate windows 8.1 I can not renew my  premier membership until I know what to do

Thanks

1 minute ago, gramleo said:

Can any tell me how to down load caches I have got instructions from support but can not get them to work I operate windows 8.1 I can not renew my  premier membership until I know what to do

Thanks

Since my crystal ball fell of the table last week I can no longer see  what GPS and browser people are using unless I start guessing. That makes it hard to offer advise/help.

You should at least give some basic info if you expect help.

• Upvote 2

I am also having trouble downloading geocaches from the website.  I always used the "download to GPS" button on each cache page.  It is no longer there.  We have an Oregon 450t and when I click on "GPX" on the cache page, download to computer, click send to the Oregon, it assumes it is downloaded.  But when checking the GPS, it is not there.  Don't know what to do.  Thanks for any input!

28 minutes ago, Funwalt & Birdie said:

We have an Oregon 450t and when I click on "GPX" on the cache page, download to computer, click send to the Oregon, it assumes it is downloaded.  But when checking the GPS, it is not there.  Don't know what to do.  Thanks for any input!

To save one cache file, click "GPX File" on a cache page, and save it to the proper folder on the GPS (or save it to Downloads first or whatever, then place the file into the proper folder on the USB connected Garmin).  On a modern Garmin GPS, the folder is Garmin/GPX.

As a Premium Member, you can save "Lists" of select caches or "Pocket Queries" of entire areas.  Lists and Pocket Queries each work differently and have their own benefits, yet have features that overlap.  It's good to learn both.

"Send To Garmin" on the web site is not to be confused with "Send To Garmin" in Windows File Explorer.  Sorry, I have no say in the terms selected by Geocaching.com. If I did, things would be waaay different. B)

If you place GPX files in the correct folder yet they aren't displayed, there are several ways they may not show.  Caches beyond about 60 miles from where the GPS thinks it is, will not be automatically displayed.  Let the GPS get its position, go to the area where the caches are.  It is easy to select various filters, so that at least certain caches don't show.  Garmin Oregon organizes caches into Found and Not Found lists.  If the issue doessn't seem to clear up, there could be a database problem.  Lots of possibilities.

Edited by kunarion
Couldn't type because I broke my arm reaching to grab a falling sandwich.