Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
OceanBreezes

Geocaching iphone app download

Recommended Posts

I got a new iphone today and transferred everything from my iphone 6 to iphone xs.  All my apps finally updated except for my Geocaching one.  It remained faded out and would not launch, so I went to the App store and clicked on the download (cloud icon)...nothing happens.  So, I deleted the app and data to try to start fresh...same thing...nothing is downloading.  I have downloaded other new apps today and all others updated.  Any idea what could be happening?

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks.  Does it have a new name?  This is the one that will not download...it says that it was updated one week ago...

IMG_0005.thumb.PNG.6007a5e32d985c9646ebfa6f6d816917.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

By the way, Cachly downloaded just like my other apps and is working fine, but I like the Geocaching app better, but p[lan to try Cachly on the Apple Watch.  I also got my first Apple Watch, but this did not impact any other app and I know Geocache no longer has an Apple Watch app...trying to get the one on my new iphone to work.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, OceanBreezes said:

I got a new iphone today and transferred everything from my iphone 6 to iphone xs.  All my apps finally updated except for my Geocaching one.  It remained faded out and would not launch, so I went to the App store and clicked on the download (cloud icon)...nothing happens.  So, I deleted the app and data to try to start fresh...same thing...nothing is downloading.  I have downloaded other new apps today and all others updated.  Any idea what could be happening?

 

Here's a page about fixing app loading problems, just in case that's what you're asking:

https://www.ikream.com/2018/07/how-to-fix-your-apple-iphone-x-that-cant-install-or-download-apps-easy-steps-28601

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kunarion said:

 

Here's a page about fixing app loading problems, just in case that's what you're asking:

https://www.ikream.com/2018/07/how-to-fix-your-apple-iphone-x-that-cant-install-or-download-apps-easy-steps-28601

Following these steps worked!!!  Thanks so much!  The reboot actually worked...I thought I had already tried that, but it worked this time.  Really appreciate the help!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, OceanBreezes said:

Following these steps worked!!!  Thanks so much!  The reboot actually worked...I thought I had already tried that, but it worked this time.  Really appreciate the help!

 

Excellent! :D

 

About the time you posted, about a dozen of App updates stalled on my iPad.  They finally finished today.  Maybe it was a combination of things.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

×