Choosing track color in Garmin GPSmap64s

Lugwalker

When using my Garmin GPSmap64s I change the color of the track I'm following depending on whether it's a bright day or a dull one or whether I'm navigating in the dark or not. I just choose a track  and choose 'Set Color'. I confirm that the color, (eg. red) has been set by going into 'View Map' and checking that the track is now the new color. It shows me that, yes, the track is now red. However, when I commence navigation after choosing a recorded track by scrolling to 'Go', I find that no matter what color I have chosen the track is always a light blue color despite choosing red. Now if I'm following a track in darkness the light blue is perfect, but in bright daylight the light blue color is not as clear or as distinct as I'd like it to be and therefore choose red or even black. Unfortunately, even though the overview of the complete trail is now red, when I commence following the trail by choosing 'Go' I find that the trail shows as light blue.  Even if I choose black for the trail, when I press 'Go' I find that the trail is still light blue.  Can anyone suggest a remedy for this issue please?  My chosen trail color changes back into light blue when starting navigation no matter what color I've set it to be.

Thank you.

I think the problem he's describing isn't that the track changes color, but that he's routing via a track, and the route to follow is a different color. I looked on my Oregon and I couldn't find a place to modify the color of the routing line - it's always purple. I don' think this can be changed. You either just need to follow the track without routing, in which case you won't be able display such fields as distance/time to destination, or change your map settings so that you can see the routing line. I'm surprised Garmin chose light blue for routing with the 64. The purple line on the Oregon shows up pretty nicely on most maps.

15 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

I don't think so. The active track is the breadcrumbs left behind your location as you move. I think the TO is referring to the active route, which can't be color customized.

Except the active route is not blue.  It is magenta like every other Garmin GPS.  Here is a Tracback on a 64S.

291.jpg

Edited by Red90