Where is the PQ preview option?

Cardinal Red

I am not a new Geocacher. I just have a lot less enthusiasm for it than I used to. I do allow my Premium Membership to lapse till I feel inclined to do go find a few more caches. I used to be fairly active on the forums, but a certain aspect of that got quite tiresome. So I have been 99.99% staying away for some time now.

Where did this horrible web design come from? Wow. But to my question. I did know everything I needed to know about managing my Pocket Queries. Today with a newly refreshed Premium Membership I went back to the still familiar PQ page. But where the heck is the preview only option so that a test does not count against your daily allotment of submissions? What is the difficulty rating of the hide?

4 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

I still have a preview option in my PQs.

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

pq.JPG.dd928853428fd2c2136de0356c1b8761.JPG

Clicking the magnifying glass gives me the regular, old-fashioned cache listing:

Capture.JPG.5c4af794de55a8a1c9c2cad23dccd3a6.JPG

Does yours show something different?

I do not want to Preview a PQ. I thought I had clearly indicated that I wanted to Preview a POTENTIAL PQ without using up an actual PQ submission. Like all the experiments required to stitch together PQ's by date range because Groundspeak refuses to make that an easy option.

Just now, Cardinal Red said:

I do not want to Preview a PQ. I thought I had clearly indicated that I wanted to Preview a POTENTIAL PQ without using up an actual PQ submission. Like all the experiments required to stitch together PQ's by date range because Groundspeak refuses to make that an easy option.

Neither the magnifying class to see the list nor the map icon to see a map of the result prevents you from then running the PQ once you've decided it covers the right area. You do have to create an actual PQ -- I don't really know what a "potential PQ" would be, anyway -- but I don't see why that's a problem since you don't need to run it and use up it's daily slot until you're happy with it.

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Red said:

Create the PQ without selecting any days on which to run it, which stops it from actually running.

PQPreviewDays.png.8af6522534623097ecc3dfdb621ced4b.png

Once you've set up your filters, click on Submit Information at the bottom, then after that at the top of the page you'll see this:

PQPreviewResult.png.2beebd4e4cfef2ad445a8184f0654fff.png

Click on the text "preview the search here" which turns into a hyperlink when you move the mouse over it.

Wow. I have been away from this longer than I realized. I was avoiding clicking that Submit button at all cost. My mind was completely wiped clean of the logical necessity of initiating the PQ instructions by way of the Submit button, but without any day of the week checked.

And that "preview the search" link that I knew I needed seemed to have been moved / removed. I really do feel like an idiot right now. Thankfully I will get over it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

19 hours ago, Cardinal Red said:

Wow. I have been away from this longer than I realized. I was avoiding clicking that Submit button at all cost. My mind was completely wiped clean of the logical necessity of initiating the PQ instructions by way of the Submit button, but without any day of the week checked.

And that "preview the search" link that I knew I needed seemed to have been moved / removed. I really do feel like an idiot right now. Thankfully I will get over it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I am glad that it was you because I think the website design as evolved mostly in the right direction over the years.