Can't log in from phone

dgf2014

3 hours ago, dgf2014 said:

android version 4.3

You should read this update from July:

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2018/07/security-update-required-for-android-devices/

"Unfortunately, versions of the Android OS that are lower than 4.4 are no longer supported by the Geocaching® app. Go to Geocaching.com in your phone’s browser if you wish to continue using a device with an OS level lower than 4.4."

• Upvote 1

kunarion is correct. Unless you are able to update your phone's Android OS version to 4.4 or higher, the Geocaching app will not work. The link they provided will give more insight as to why.

Viajero Perdido, to address your comment, there should have been an informative pop up that gave a link to the same article kunarion posted. Should being the operative word. There could have been a few reasons why it did not show. None the less, that is confusing and leads to problems that aren't the user's fault. Thanks for highlighting that. I can go check and see if there is an issue with the message.

• Upvote 1

ok  Thanks every one ,,,yes got pop-up to above ,,will take above off ,,,all wanted phone to do was back up to Garmin when in field ,,IE key in cache locations and have second opinion as to location

going to try from app store C:GEO

Edited by dgf2014
40 minutes ago, dgf2014 said:

is there a good app that can be used similar to a GPS 

Look at "Spyglass".  Type waypoints and it shows bearing and distance.  There are more like that, do a search in the play store for "GPS".

I have a handheld GPS.  It's done fine for years, throughout Android phone updates.  But I guess I'll get a new model of GPS at some time, and also try to keep up with the phones. :)