Why did you change the download options?

Rotgut

Further clarification of changes you mentioned:

We have removed the ‘Send to GPS’ option from the Geocaching map and the ‘Send to My GPS’ button from cache pages. This functionality has become increasingly unreliable in recent years because modern web browsers do not allow the operating system access required for the plugin to function correctly. This results in a poor experience for users whose browser plugins suddenly stop working, as well as for new users who expect the options to work correctly.

Forum thread for reference:

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Rotgut said:

Am I the only one? I use to be able to go on the web page and download waypoints directly to my GPS's. Now I have to go through another whole step or steps to do that. I hate that.

Things change. :)

There's a new feature being developed that looks like it may be one button again at some time, at least for newish Garmins.  Remember, support by manufacturers for discontinued devices vanishes entirely when the new models come out.  This is the way of the universe. And the structure for the "old button" went away as new security prococols came online.  See the thread that Touchstone mentioned.  It's a many-layered topic.  If you enjoy a lot of reading about this, there are thousands of threads right here to discuss the technical issues of "Garmin Communicator".

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rotgut said:

Am I the only one? I use to be able to go on the web page and download waypoints directly to my GPS's. Now I have to go through another whole step or steps to do that. I hate that.

The technology behind the communicator goes back to the 1990's, I trust you're not using Win95 anymore, do you?

• Helpful 1