Log a trackable to a cache

yeema

18 minutes ago, yeema said:

I found a trackable in a cache that did not show that trackable existed. I logged it but how do I get it to show as being in the cache on the info page. 

When I've found a trackable in a cache, where the site showed the trackable in another cache, I've grabbed the trackable from the wrong cache, then posted a note to drop the trackable in the correct cache. Once the trackable was in the correct cache, I would discover it or retrieve it or whatever was appropriate.

When I've found a trackable in a cache, where the site showed the trackable in the possession of another geocacher, then I would send a message to the other geocacher reminding them to drop the trackable in the cache where they left it. Once they did so, then I would log it normally. If they don't respond in a week or so, then I treat it as above, grabbing it, dropping it in the correct cache, and so on.

1 hour ago, yeema said:

I found a trackable in a cache that did not show that trackable existed. I logged it but how do I get it to show as being in the cache on the info page. 

You Discovered it, so it's not in your possession.  Been missing since '15 if you logged the correct numbers.   Might be kinda cool.   :)

You said you found it, but left it "because of size". 

You actually noted the wrong cache (archived and in Sweden) in your log.  It should have been GC21DB5.     ;)

You shouldn't "move" it to another cache if you don't have it in your possession.   Half a month later, you don't know if it's still there or not.

The person who stopped there the same day as you didn't say anything about it. 

If someone's interested in it, they could simply "Visit" the trackable to that cache, after Grabbing it (it's marked as missing) to start it on it's way again.

• Upvote 1

The normal procedure is to look where the trackable is or who has it. You can see this on the trackable page.

If the previous holder hasn't log the cache yet, wait a while. If the previous holder did log the cache but forgot to drop the trackable or after a few days of waiting, send the previous holder a message/mail with the request to drop the trackable.

If you don't get response, grab it. You can drop it in the cache and immediately retreive it if you want.