DNS log?

learn2mine

What would be wrong with a Did not sign  log option! For the people who found the cache but didnt sign or couldn't sign it would not count as an actuall find and that way the reviewers could revoke Finds do DNS if the CO checked and it wasn't signed! I seen to see a lot of posted about people who log a fine but don't sign the log!

1 minute ago, learn2mine said:

What would be wrong with a Did not sign  log option! For the people who found the cache but didnt sign or couldn't sign it would not count as an actuall find and that way the reviewers could revoke Finds do DNS if the CO checked and it wasn't signed! I seen to see a lot of posted about people who log a fine but don't sign the log!

I don't understand. Reviewers don't revoke Finds.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, learn2mine said:

For the people who found the cache [...] it would not count as an actuall find

Usually that does not fit together. When they find it they find it. Seems to be the old discussion as in https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/349837-deleting-photo-logs/

3 hours ago, learn2mine said:

I seen to see a lot of posted about people who log a fine but don't sign the log!

What do you mean? Saw the cache but couldn't reach it (e.g. a terrain 5 cache) -> no found it log but a note will do in this case. Had the logbook in the hand but had no pen -> found it log, no need to have a "did not sign" log. (See the discussion linked above!)

I like the name "did not sign" log but I don't think it is all to useful. :-) Then we need a "did not reach" log (DNR), a "did not want to touch the wet logbook" log (DNWTTTWL) and - last bot not least - the "too hungry to search so instead went to a nearby bakery" log (THTSSIWTANB).

We'll never have enough log types for any situation so better keep it as easy as possible and as niraD states out: in any case the given log types aren't enough use "write note".

Jochen

• Funny 1
7 hours ago, learn2mine said:

No need to get your local Reviewer involved at all with such an issue.  Link for reference:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=38&pgid=204

8 hours ago, learn2mine said:

If I can't sign the log but can see the container (a recent thread has something similar...) I log a Write Note.

We've yet to see a Reviewer get involved in fake finds on a cache page. 

A CO is responsible for checking and removing fake finds, and it's a part of Owner Maintenance . 

The Reviewer can temp-disable the cache for a certain time, and archive it if the CO isn't bothering to fix it , but even that's rare unless notified by another (NA for inactive virtual owner and fake loggers, for example). 

Edited by cerberus1
addification ;)
9 hours ago, learn2mine said:

If I don’t have a pen I take a picture of log book this is excepted by almost all cache owners. It’s up to the cache owner to accept it or not.

• Upvote 1