Trackable

trackdayguy

16 minutes ago, trackdayguy said:

My question was "how do i remove it from my inventory? 

As cerberus1 said, mark it Missing, for example, and it is removed from your Inventory, the list of items you possess. It's tough to know exactly what you hope to do, since your question kind of circled back onto itself. B)

And see this.

Edited by kunarion
14 minutes ago, kunarion said:

It's tough to know exactly what you hope to do, since your question kind of circled back onto itself.

Yep,   questions seem to be deleted and reposted, tough to respond that way when things could simply have been made a bit more clear on post one.   :)

Trackdayguy, if these aren't your trackables, please explain how/why you feel they aren't "passed on".

If a trackable you moved hasn't left your inventory, it's because you didn't give it an action log.  "Drop" is one.

OK Im probably not being clear here.

I own several trackables, most are still on the move, some have vanished and have been missing for 2 years i want to delete then from my list of trackables I own . the input I have had so far doesn't tell me how to do that. Any help with detailed step by step instruction would be most appreciated. 

Edited by trackdayguy
3 hours ago, trackdayguy said:

I own several trackables, most are still on the move, some have vanished and have been missing for 2 years i want to delete then from my list of trackables I own . the input I have had so far doesn't tell me how to do that. Any help with detailed step by step instruction would be most appreciated. 

They're not disposable like that, which is a benefit.  The cost includes lifetime tracking.  The items may turn up at any time, even years from now.  The idea is that you may track their progress.  It's best when they have frequent informative logs, but you never know.

You could relinquish ownership by adopting them to someone else.  Lots of people around here request "tracking numbers", and they might adopt yours to use the tracking numbers.  Or they might simply enjoy waiting for the items to turn up someday. And you won't own them anymore.  So there ya go. :)

There are steps included in the linked page about how to adopt a trackable.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, trackdayguy said:

I sorta agree with kunarion.

To completely remove the trackables you own would interfere with anyone who had an action log on that trackable. 

Think of it similar to a Geocache... 

- You want to be able to remove it completely, which in turn affects every person who ever logged it as a find.

To simply remove it from inventory (your original question) you mark it missing.

To remove it completely from your owned trackables, you have to adopt that code out to another (since you say you no longer have the trackable itself).

You might consider creating a separate, basic account, and adopt those trackables to it.   I don't feel it's worth the trouble.

Not sure it's even possible, but Groundspeak ("Contact Us" on most pages - even this thread)  might be able to do that.  You'd probably have the same question, "Do you really want to delete the logs and records of other cachers?"  by them too. 

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

I sorta agree with kunarion.

To completely remove the trackables you own would interfere with anyone who had an action log on that trackable. 

Think of it similar to a Geocache... 

- You want to be able to remove it completely, which in turn affects every person who ever logged it as a find.

To simply remove it from inventory (your original question) you mark it missing.

To remove it completely from your owned trackables, you have to adopt that code out to another (since you say you no longer have the trackable itself).

You might consider creating a separate, basic account, and adopt those trackables to it.   I don't feel it's worth the trouble.

Not sure it's even possible, but Groundspeak ("Contact Us" on most pages - even this thread)  might be able to do that.  You'd probably have the same question, "Do you really want to delete the logs and records of other cachers?"  by them too.