Macintosh computer.....GPX download

manjalou

We use to use the plug in to download to our Garmin GPS but now that is gone we have tried using the GPX files. It downloads to a file on our Mac. When we open the file it says we need a GPX reader App to download to our Garmin. But we  can't get the app as it says we need a OSX10.10 and we only have OSX10.9.5. So it seems we can't download caches to our Garmin anymore. Is there another way around this.

Thank you

ManjaLou

Which Garmin? Modern ones understand GPX files, and all you need to do is copy the GPX file to the device. You don't need to open it on the Mac at all.

I use a Mac and an eXplorist, which understands GPX files. I download the GPX files to my Mac. (Actually, I usually download ZIP files from Pocket Queries, and then extract the GPX files from the ZIP files, but you can start with just a GPX file if you prefer.) Then I plug my device into the USB cable, copy the GPX file to the device, and then unmount the device.