10 caches in 10 days - semantics question

gginnj

I'd say so long as you find a total of 10 caches within a single 10 day period you're good.

If you find 10 caches on day one and zero caches the other 9 days - you're good.

If you find 10 caches on day 10 - you're good.

If you were expected to find at least 1 cache per day for 10 consecutive days - that would be a different matter.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, gginnj said:

10 caches in 10 days

Maybe.  Depends on the context.  "10 caches in 10 days" certainly seems more open to interpretation than, say, "1 cache per day for 10 days."

If this is for a specific challenge cache, it would be helpful to know which one you have in mind.

8 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Maybe.  Depends on the context.  "10 caches in 10 days" certainly seems more open to interpretation than, say, "1 cache per day for 10 days."

If this is for a specific challenge cache, it would be helpful to know which one you have in mind.

no challenge at present - I'm currently working on my own - I'm currently at a streak of 9 days - but as the number of  caches is dwindling near where I work

it would become more difficult to try for 30....

I was more thinking of the 30 caches in 30 days challenges that have come up -

21 hours ago, gginnj said:
22 hours ago, hzoi said:

no challenge at present - I'm currently working on my own - I'm currently at a streak of 9 days - but as the number of  caches is dwindling near where I work

it would become more difficult to try for 30....

I was more thinking of the 30 caches in 30 days challenges that have come up -

If it's a personal challenge, then it's up to you to define it.  If it's a specific challenge cache, then either use the challenge checker linked to the page or contact the cache owner if it's not clear from the description.

If it's a "streak," then no - a streak means you go find at least one cache per day, every day.  Some geocachers have pulled it off for years at a time.  (My personal best is 102 days, and I've no interest in coming anywhere close to that again.)

366 on the nose here, didn't cache the day before or after, intentionally. Wanted 366 and didn't want to get into a "don't want to lose the streak!" stressful mindset perpetually.

Agreed with the streak tho - if it's for a challenge cache it should be clear in the description, and if not then with the checker.  If it's a pre-moratorium challenge cache without a checker, see what other people have presented as proof in their logs.  If you see both interpetations, then the CO likely doesn't care because they haven't been verifying finds nor being strict about interpretation.