Event on a Cruise Ship

2QuarterPints

Bit of a newbie question - can an Event be held on a Cruise Ship? 

With another couple, who are also cachers, we will be on a cruise around the coast of South America next year.  I intend asking on-board whether something can be done to find out whether there are other cachers on the cruise.  As cachers are often keen travellers, I suspect there may be some who might want to get together to go caching when we are in port. With this in mind, I have wondered about having an Event on the ship, once the cruise is underway, as a focal point for everyone getting to know each other and to plan some caching trips. At worst it will just be us and our friends (which will be a bit of a non-Event!) but it could be more than that if we are lucky.

I suspect there are more than a few reasons why we can't do this,  but thought I would ask the question. 

Not sure if you can do an Event onboard a cruise ship, but you can do one in the ports of call which will then give others a chance to meet you. We went to one when we were on Malta, had great fun there.

As for wanting to know if other Cachers are board, go to a cruise director and ask them to make an announcement regarding meeting place and time and invite cachers and those interested (newbies) to an informal meet & greet.

Edited by speakers-corner