Testing an unpublished cache on cell phone

yxza

Hello, I have an unpublished cache and I want to check that it looks OK on my cell phone. So I fire up Firefox e.g. and go to Dashboard/Unpublished Caches. When I click on the cachelink then the Groundspeak app is started and it starts searching for the actual GC code which of course is invalid.
This is really annoying. In order to see the cache in the browser I have to deinstall the Groundspeak app and the cache is displayed OK and then I have to reinstall the app. Bit of a pain.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to get the cache displayed directly in the browser? Is there anything Groundspeak can do in the future?

Thanks for any answers

YXZA

I noticed the same problem pretty annoying. I've been told, never tried, that you can long press the link and then a menu pops up that allows you to select where to open up the link in.

Personally I just copied the coordinates and made a waypoint on another cache so that I could navigate to it to verify correctness.

36 minutes ago, yxza said:

Hello, I have an unpublished cache and I want to check that it looks OK on my cell phone. So I fire up Firefox e.g. and go to Dashboard/Unpublished Caches. When I click on the cachelink then the Groundspeak app is started and it starts searching for the actual GC code which of course is invalid.
This is really annoying. In order to see the cache in the browser I have to deinstall the Groundspeak app and the cache is displayed OK and then I have to reinstall the app. Bit of a pain.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to get the cache displayed directly in the browser? Is there anything Groundspeak can do in the future?

Thanks for any answers

YXZA

This works for me:

1. In the official app, click on any random cache (it doesn't even have to be a close one).
  2. Scroll all the way down and click on Open in browser.
  3. Once that cache opens up in a browser click on the Play menu in the menu bar (in green banner).
  4. Click on Hide a geocache
  5. Click on Create a new geocache
  6. Find the unpublished cache you have been working on and click on it

I do this frequently when I create a cache listing beforehand at home on my desktop guessing where I might place the cache. Then I go out and actually place the cache, edit on my smartphone with accurate coordinates and date placed, and then submit for review. Once after doing this, the cache was actually published before I even got back home.