Unable to log a cache from cache page since today's maintenance

hmf213

54 minutes ago, The Casserly family said:

After maintenance I cannot down load onto my GPS from my PC as there is no button or ability to down load.  About to head out caching Friday but unable to down load caches, ARGH

Actually, the "Send to GPS" button went away a couple weeks ago:

OMG why get rid of something that worked!!!  Now I can't put anything to my GPS Garmin 62cs.  It tells me that I have to "Save", "Save as" or "open" and what ever I do I have to down load an App on my computer. or save to a folder on my computer.  Can you please send me something on how to transfer these GPX through to my GPS as at the moment tried everything and failing to get anything to my GPS.

13 minutes ago, The Casserly family said:

OMG why get rid of something that worked!!!

Well for the majority it didn't work, and it hasn't worked properly for a number of years, and the number of complaints from those for whom it didn't work was huge. The only systems where it was still working were susceptible to security problems either by running out-dated software or circumventing security controls to keep that button working.

FWIW this button was removed several weeks ago, and wasn't due to last nights upgrades.

Anyway this has been discussed many times over the years, and recently since the button was removed, and there are many posts describing how to transfer caches without the button, so do a forum search for "download cache to gps" and have a read.

Here's one:

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, The Casserly family said:

OMG why get rid of something that worked!!!  Now I can't put anything to my GPS Garmin 62cs.  It tells me that I have to "Save", "Save as" or "open" and what ever I do I have to down load an App on my computer. or save to a folder on my computer.  Can you please send me something on how to transfer these GPX through to my GPS as at the moment tried everything and failing to get anything to my GPS.

Try this:

connect 62cs to Computer.

go to Cache descr. you want to download

hit "GPX-File" - Grey button under "Download" (a popup appears at the bottom of the page)

hit the arrow to the right of save and select "save to"

search for your cs62 and the Folder where the gpx-files are saved to and then click "save"

hope this works for you.

• Helpful 1

I also am suddenly unable to log any caches using either IE or Chrome.  This change has occurred in the last 2 weeks.

The thread above may help with my inability to send coordinates directly to my GPS (since the send to GPS button went away), but it does not address the original question or whey we can no longer log caches with IE or Google.  I am using IE 11.0.9600 and Chrome 69.0.3497.  With Chrome I get a black screen with a tab labelled ASPX 1x1, with IE I get a white screen, no text.  

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, martyislost said:

I also am suddenly unable to log any caches using either IE or Chrome.  This change has occurred in the last 2 weeks.

The thread above may help with my inability to send coordinates directly to my GPS (since the send to GPS button went away), but it does not address the original question or whey we can no longer log caches with IE or Google.  I am using IE 11.0.9600 and Chrome 69.0.3497.  With Chrome I get a black screen with a tab labelled ASPX 1x1, with IE I get a white screen, no text.  

Thoughts?

Have you already tried deleting temporary files?  In IE it's in Tools/ Internet Options/ Browsing History/ Delete. Have you deleted temporary files, or Cookies, or both?  Chrome has "Clear Browsing Data".  I'd suspect the cookies, unless you cleared them.

But I haven't changed anything and I'm not able to duplicate the issue.

4 hours ago, martyislost said:

Similar to kunarion I guess, I delete everything at the end of the day.  IE11 (versionsame as you).  Not sure if that helps you or not. 

I logged a CITO and two caches today with no problem, so maybe try that.    :)