Scheduled Maintenance

I saw the GMT, and figured it would happen noon (or 1)  to 4 (or 5) today for me.  That's typically when my husband and I head out for our COTD after doing whatever household chores and errands we need to get done, and before our evening committments.  Prime geocaching time for us ... so I ran a PQ of local caches that we haven't yet found and downloaded the list for offline use.  (We use our Android phones and the official app for caching)

I'm so glad I did!  We headed out about 1:00 this afternoon, and his app was not working - it wouldn't load any caches; the map was blank.  I pulled out my phone and loaded the offline list and we navigated and found our COTD.  Can't log it yet, but my draft has al the info we need when the site is back up and running.

I'm curious what changes we will see!

5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I guess my CAPS issue has been fixed! I too was expecting it to begin at 8 p.m. Seattle time.

:D

Yep.   I always log out when done. 

Well the forums, the area that I've been told plenty of times was separate from the site, wouldn't let me log back in.

First I got a time out for ten (and another ten) minutes for logging in the "wrong password" twice (the red banner said three times...),  then it kept saying my caps lock needs to be turned off.

ETA...But I did go by the Announcement forum, using the converter for the correct time.

Edited by cerberus1
addification
4 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Well the forums, the area that I've been told plenty of times was separate from the site, wouldn't let me log back in.

I thought that was one off the changes when the new forum software dropped a couple years ago: it went from the Groundspeak server to the geocaching server.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:07 PM, cerberus1 said:

:D

Yep.   I always log out when done. 

First I got a time out for ten (and another ten) minutes for logging in the "wrong password" twice (the red banner said three times...),  then it kept saying my caps lock needs to be turned off.

ETA...But I did go by the Announcement forum, using the converter for the correct time.

I got locked out of the Forums for the first time ever today. After what I am fairly certain was only ONE,  IF ANY incorrect passwords entered. IF ANY!  But my warning said there had been three, and gave me the message saying I was temporarily locked out for 3 incorrect entries and would have to wait 6 minutes to try again. :(

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I got locked out of the Forums for the first time ever today. After what I am fairly certain was only ONE,  IF ANY incorrect passwords entered. IF ANY!  But my warning said there had been three, and gave me the message saying I was temporarily locked out for 3 incorrect entries and would have to wait 6 minutes to try again. :(

Yeah, I should note that at no time was my password "incorrect".   Arthritic old hands are hunt n peck, and the only errors might be in splelling.