Victoria Cache Machine

travisl

quote:

Have you ever been out to the coast, sat in the sand for an hour, and watched the sun set? Have you ever been on your way home from work, and as you're driving down the freeway, seen the sunset? Have you ever seen a photograph of the sunset?

Sure. I'm a photographer, for crying out loud. I understand the difference between the primary experience and the photograph. I've actually spent an embarassingly large portion of my life working very hard at learning how to make a photograph effectively communicate the primary experience to the viewer.

But, as you point out below, we're dealing with a continuum. At one end, you have the full experience of being in the place, spending time there, and really appreciating it. At the other end, you've never heard of the place.

And my question would be "Which is closer to the 'full' experience - looking at photos for ten minutes, or standing in the spot for two minutes waiting to sign the logbook and chatting with people". You seem to think the photo is farther from the full experience but I'd disagree (especially if someone good takes the photo).

In any case, nowhere is 'spending time appreciating the gestalt of the location' listed among the requirements for logging a cache. The rule generally cited is "If you sign the log, it's a find". There's nothing in there about 'if you participated in the search for the cache' or even 'if you went to the cache location'. All it says is 'if you sign the log'.

It's about find counts. I don't understand your resistance to the UCM. People logging the finds have exactly as much participation in the hunt as regular CM people do, but they don't burn gas, don't tear up the landscape. They sign the log, so it's a legitimate find. The ONLY difference is that instead of moving the people, we move the logbook. Big deal.

If Ultimate cache machine finds are not acceptable, then I sure as heck don't see why finds from the BCM and YKM are acceptable.

TravisL: "3) One person of a group of x people finds it with you near by (where x is a finite number)"

This is one 'category'? So you make no distinction between x=2 and x=50 and x=7362? Neato.

TravisL again: "...if a cache owner doesn't want the cache machine hunting their cache for personal, environmental, or logistical reasons, let me know"

Yeah, you keep saying that. So the onus is on the cache owner to not be apathetic about destroying our sport? That makes it easy! Great!

By the way, Kodak's4, we can really streamline this UCM by just posting the UCM, then bringing in 1,000 logbooks. For each one that people sign, they get to log another smilie on the event cache. This saves geocaching.com resources and people don't have to actually hide a geocache. Note that this has already been done successfully in Wisconsin. Or something equally distasteful.

I'm getting pretty fired up. As long as you are willing to discredit and discount and disregard everything that was ever an integral part of geocaching, this CM idea is pretty cool! Tell me more!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I think I've answered all the questions already, so I don't have much left to say. Just a few points of disagreement that I don't see any way of reaching closure on:

Kodak's4:

quote:
"Which is closer to the 'full' experience - looking at photos for ten minutes, or standing in the spot for two minutes waiting to sign the logbook and chatting with people". You seem to think the photo is farther from the full experience but I'd disagree.

Having been there and done that, yes, we disagree.

Seth:

quote:
the onus is on the cache owner to not be apathetic about destroying our sport

Absolutely. Cache owners are the gatekeepers.

Kodak's4:

quote:
I don't believe for an instant that everyone who participates in the CM is present at the site when the cache is found. I expect (and I'd be very, VERY surprised if I was wrong) that the first few folks on site find the cache, and by the time the bulk of the people arrive, the cache has already been found.
Then you should come see how it really works.

WWJD? JW RTFM.

What is the diff. between cache machines and most typical event caches? We were at Yakima and we were at last summers picnic event. You have roughly the same amount of people and cars all converging on the same spot at the same time. Just because one involves a picnic I fail to see the diff.

In fact, I think there was more enviromental damage done at the picnic. In Yakima we were behind the main group all day. We expected there to be new paths leading to the caches but NOT ONCE did we find that to be true. At the picnic however, there were quite a few plants stomped on.

So why is one okay and one not? If you think cache machines are "killing" this sport, then in all good conscience, you should not attend any event caches. Nor should you cache with the group after the WSGA meeting. And maybe you should always cache alone so your finds can be pure.

All of the worries are valid and ones we shared before attending Yakima. They were neatly laid to rest.

It would be interesting to find someone with these complaints that have actually attended a cache machine. From all the attendees I've spoken with, not a single one still had any doubts.

Yakima was far and away a great experience and I am very much looking forward to Victoria.

I am afraid I cannot be as diplomatic as the last few posts.

What I have read here today is utterly DISGUSTING.

You are not reasonable, funny or smart. It's just a couple of you that are on the ground floor of killing this sport, not the Cache Machines.

I know that you have already scared some people away by your sarcasim. I can only hope that they will look beyond your insults and know that MOST GeoCachers are likeable people that are out to have a good time in any caching style they choose.

I think some people are taking this activity WAY too seriously. We're hunting Tupperware, not bagging 8,000-meter peaks. My observations:

1. I have seen no credible indications or reports of significant environmental impacts from the cache machines.

2. Cache Machine participants have enjoyed them immensely.

3. Cache Machine logs meet the generally accepted requirements for logging a find - visit cache, sign log. Period.

4. Sitting in a room and signing logbooks brought to a central location does NOT meet the generally accepted requirements for logging a find.

5. I believe what is actually ticking some people off is that they feel the cache machines deflate the value of their own finds and hides (like "I got to 100 or 300 or 500 finds the HARD way"). To this I say that find totals are fairly meaningless anyway, and cache machines could actually be performing a service by pointing this out. It's like the old saying "A photo never lies" - this is not true, and never was, but the era of digital photography has ended the argument. It is ironic that cache machines are all about the numbers, but ultimately serve to minimize the significance of the numbers. Number of finds is not a meaningful credential anyway, so racking up finds in a cache machine is not like getting a degree from a diploma mill!

When all is said and done, I think the most significant things the participants take away from Geocaching are the experiences, the fun, the journeys, and the friends. If the participants enjoy them and they don’t cause mass destruction, I thing the cache machines are great. If cache machines don't fulfill someone’s ideal of purity of the sport, I can live with that.

quote:
Originally posted by Seth!:

I'm getting pretty fired up. As long as you are willing to discredit and discount and disregard everything that was ever an integral part of geocaching, this CM idea is pretty cool! Tell me more!

Well, this blew up out of nowhere, didn't it?

This coming weekend Leonata and I will be hitting some caches around and north of Coer d'Alene. Would ya'll like to tell me before we go how many we are allowed to find before we 'discredit and discount and disregard everything that was ever an integral part of geocaching'?

Wouldn't want to do something wrong, like get together with a bunch of geocachers and have fun...

Ron/yumitori

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

Kodak's4:

quote:
I don't believe for an instant that everyone who participates in the CM is present at the site when the cache is found. I expect (and I'd be very, VERY surprised if I was wrong) that the first few folks on site find the cache, and by the time the bulk of the people arrive, the cache has already been found.
Then you should come see how it really works.

_WWJD? JW RTFM._

The times I've gone out caching with a group, the group has arrived at the cache site and started searching together.

How, exactly, do you arrange that with 40 people in ten vehicles? Given that there were problems with the people who actually found the cache moving on to the next cache BEFORE the cache was re-hidden in the first CM, that would seem to pretty definitively indicate that people were arriving at that next cache not in one big group but staggered. And it doesn't seem like a big speculative leap to conclude that that next cache was found before the stragglers from the previous cache caught up.

It seems to me like all the people who are getting upset seem to feel that this means that the CM cache finds somehow aren't quite legit. I don't believe that for a fraction of a second, and here's why: I, personally, have gone to find a cache solo, and run into another cacher at the site, ammo can open at their feet. My finding the cache at that point is exactly the same as what I believe many of the CM participants did, and I will tell you that I have no qualms about logging that as a find. Furthermore, I'll go out on a limb, and make the claim that prior to Travis's first CM, the vast majority of cachers with significant find counts had, at some point, also had that exact experience. Never once when a cacher came upon *me* with the ammo can at *my* feet has anyone ever asked me to re-hide the cache so they could find it, nor has anyone ever suggested that they'll rehide a cache so that I can log a 'legitimate find'.

For me the rule "If you sign the log, it's a find. No sign the log, no find." works just fine. Until now, no one has ever brought up 'must visit the cache site' for the simple reason that until I raised the issue, no one had ever suggested simply collecting logbooks and having a central logging point. On the other hand, until Travis suggested it, no one had ever raised the issue of finding caches with a group of N (N > 10) people where one person finds the cache and then (N-1) people sign the log, either.

I don't see much difference between CM finds, where the emphasis is clearly on spending the minimum possible time at each cache (in order to achieve the maximum possible find count), and having someone bring the log book to another location ('waiting in the car' as Travis put it). Everyone (including me) has bragged about how many caches they've found in one day, and it isn't a huge exercise in logic to conclude that if you're maximizing the number of caches found in a period, you're minimizing the time spent at each cache site. That's exactly why I suggest that if find counts are the primary goal, we could get *really* efficient and run up *really* huge counts. The target for the VCM is 100 caches - and for having the temerity to suggest that it might be possible to construct an event where folks log 1000, I get vilified? Give me a break. With the advent of CM's, find counts are meaningless, period.

Travis has stated that the primary goal of CM's is huge find counts. All I'm proposing is that if find counts are the goal, we can run events that will be to cache machines what cache machines are to solo caching. If people feel centralized logging is 'over the line' there's still lots of room for improvement. If this makes you uneasy, then I respectfully suggest that rather than calling me "utterly disgusting" and "not reasonable, funny, or smart", and telling me that my sarcasm is scaring people away, you might more profitably examine exactly WHY my suggestions make you uneasy and why you feel they are so extreme they are sarcastic. I know you will find it more profitable for the simple reason that in order for your insults to actually have any effect at all, I would have to actually care what you think.

Would I participate in a UCM, or even in a CM? Never. But that has nothing to do with my views about whether the finds would be legitimate (they are, both CM and UCM, as far as I'm concerned) but is based entirely on the fact that I dislike being around crowds of people, present company (which tells me I am utterly disgusting, not reasonable, not funny, not smart) very much included.

Unfortunately, by focusing on the primary goal, you've completely ignored the secondary goal, although I've pointed out the importance of 'neat places' multiple times.

That's like going to a Mariners game and being upset that the crowd is distracting you from the action on the field. See my April 14 message one page back. You'd enjoy the game more by staying home.

WWJD? JW RTFM.

I cannot believe that a very few people still feel they need to stir things up.

Get a LIFE people.

I spoke a couple weeks ago the anti-cache-machine complaints and my perception of the complainers' underlying motives in the WA caching group on yahoo (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geocachingwa/message/1258), but for those who aren't participants in that different forum:

- I was there. I know what it was 'really' like

- yes I logged 36 finds on the Bremerton Cache Machine in December

- yes I was there personally when the caches were found for them

- yes I very much enjoyed the day and am glad I was there

- no we did NOT damage the environment

- no I don't believe 99% of the whining I've read has the slightest merit

I worked for a guy 25 years ago (geez!) in high school who told me that sometimes it's more important to learn what you don't like than what you 'do' like. That's something that I've had re-proven to me over and over (sometimes the hard way) throughout the years.

It took the BCM for me to re-learn that I don't "want" more rush. I get quite enough of that in my non-caching normal life. So I'll pass on future cache machines, but I'm absolutely THRILLED that I was there, especially as I saw how well done the initial event was thought out.

I met lots of nice people, saw many cool places, and re-learned where my priorities and interests are. An excellent day in every way. It was just great fun from pre-sunrise to post-beer-gone-darn-gotta-go-home. It was the best day of my Christmas vacation.

For those who are thinking about participating (or not) in a Cachine Machine event, decide for yourself by trying it. Try a Cache Machine for 'one hour' when one comes nearby. Then you'll at least have some facts to make help you make your 'own' personal decistion regarding whether a Cache Machine is for you or not.

The people complaining have not participated. They simply do not know what the heck they're talking about. They're just naysaying, or they're stirring the pot trying to get a reaction. Neither scenario makes it even remotely worth your time to read their blathering.

It was fun. I'm glad I was there. I'd recommend it to everybody that they try at least one such event, just for the experience.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

and since I'll be in Ellensburg on Saturday doing my own personal 'just me' mini-ECM following in the footprints of the Ellensburg caches from the YCM, I'm hoping that I have reasonable success on those blasted micros that are all over Ellensburg. Jeez, did they run out of Tupperware over on the dry side of the Cascades or something ? icon_cool.gif

icon_geocachingwa.gif

And now for the most reasonable thing i've read all week:

quote:
Originally posted by bubble_luscious:

I have no idea why reasonable people all of the sudden judge what other reasonable people are doing when it is something that has to be approved to do in the first place. Doesn't that seem unreasonable? _

i haven't been reading the forums as much as i've used to lately. nor have i been finding geocaches as much lately (although i am a bit behind in my on-line logs). anyway, i don't know how serious people are in their disagreements or not, but FOR ME, lately, all of this just hasn't been fun. i guess that means it's time for a break. later, kids.

I chose LaurenCat because LaurenKittenPoniesFlowersPinkSunshineFairyMeowMeowRainbowHeartLoveBunnyKissKiss was just too F-ing long.

I have hunted the Yakima area quite often. At the point where the CM was planned to come through I had nearly all the caches in the yakima area done. 1-2 weeks prior to the event quite a few VERY easy caches were put up. My impression was that it was basic fodder for the CM. I did all these caches the week after the CM so I am familiar with them.

I also saw at the initial posting of this thread for VCM that a canadian cacher had gone so far as to Volunteer to convert all his multis to traditionals for 1 day. Those of you who saw this know what mean. It was edited out fairly soon. Surely there are aspects of a CM that you would concede cheapen solo effort by those finding the same cache in more difficult circumstances.

It is peoples right I suppose to do what they want with their caches but, for instance Travis, how would you feel about logging a find on a multi that everyone else had found the hard way? Or have a bunch of 0-0 caches hiden just for the VCM? Maby Team KFW GPS will send you straight to the cache on all their toughies!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

quote:
Originally posted by Ish-n-Isha:

I have hunted the Yakima area quite often. At the point where the CM was planned to come through I had nearly all the caches in the yakima area done. 1-2 weeks prior to the event quite a few VERY easy caches were put up. My impression was that it was basic fodder for the CM. I did all these caches the week after the CM so I am familiar with them.

I also saw at the initial posting of this thread for VCM that a canadian cacher had gone so far as to Volunteer to convert all his multis to traditionals for 1 day. Those of you who saw this know what mean. It was edited out fairly soon. Surely there are aspects of a CM that you would concede cheapen solo effort by those finding the same cache in more difficult circumstances.

It is peoples right I suppose to do what they want with their caches but, for instance Travis, how would you feel about logging a find on a multi that everyone else had found the hard way? Or have a bunch of 0-0 caches hiden just for the VCM? Maby Team KFW GPS will send you straight to the cache on all their toughies!

http://www.geocachingwa.org

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

I'm looking forward to going to the VCM!

However, the multi's should stay that way. I don't want credit for caches that have been specially converted to one stage just for the event. That's not fair to prior finders. There should be enough singles for us to find out there without having to convert mutlti's to singles.

I've just completed my first draft of the route, filtering out multis, caches that have bogus coordinates, and caches that seem that they may be overly time consuming. It's in this 3MB .pdf file

That leaves 119 caches over 250 miles. By comparison, that's twice the distance traveled in Yakima, with 30% more daylight.

I've also just updated the Victoria Cache Machine event page with a FAQ.

I'm looking forward to July!

WWJD? JW RTFM.

quote:
Originally posted by vds:

and since I'll be in Ellensburg on Saturday doing my own personal 'just me' mini-ECM following in the footprints of the Ellensburg caches from the YCM, I'm hoping that I have reasonable success on those blasted micros that are all over Ellensburg.

Since you're in the area, try to go do Babytalk, if you haven't done so already. Just be sure to bring binoculars in case the llama isn't being cooperative.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

I'm looking forward to July!

I was, too. Until i downloaded your pdf and realized that even canada isn't safe from the dreaded RED ROBIN!

Fine. I'm gonna start my own cache machine, with hookers and gambling.

in fact, screw the cache machine and gambling.

(an emoticon?)

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by LaurenCat:

anyway, i don't know how serious people are in their disagreements or not, but FOR ME, lately, all of this just hasn't been fun. i guess that means it's time for a break. later, kids.

Well, I have to say I took one of your Joey Cat magnets from a cache and enjoy looking at it every day as I reach for the cat food. Enjoy reading your logs when you get around to making them, too. Thanks.

quote:
I also saw at the initial posting of this thread for VCM that a canadian cacher had gone so far as to Volunteer to convert all his multis to traditionals for 1 day. Those of you who saw this know what mean. It was edited out fairly soon.

That is true, I did offer that. One of the caches, however, this one:

Guns: The Return

I had wanted to switch to a traditional anyway. All of the more hard core cachers here in the area had done it, and I wanted it to be a nice walk for any tourists visiting this area, not a hunt all over town. This gave me the excuse, and if it's not on the VCM list, so be it. Mt Work, however, shall remain as it is, a 3 hour uphill struggle, definitely not VCM material. icon_mad.gif

54199_2500.gif How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

Having never been ones to enjoy "crowds" I will only say that urban caching frightens me. Perhaps it is just me, but making a big bash out of finding a massive series of caches with a large group seems to go against what OUR "spirit" of geocaching is all about. The best part of geocaching to us, is being SNEAKS. It is like the icing on the cake. Getting away from people, crowds and social interactions. We both work with people, sometimes TOO closely. What we do for entertainment, is the opposite of that. That has been the beauty of caching to us, yet we are conflicted by the urge to meet all of these interesting people we have read about in our wanderings. We hike at our own pace, we drive at our own speed, we have our own methods. Team geocaching is a tough thing with people we know. I can't imagine doing it with folks we don't. Just for the fun of it.. I am interested to see how I get flamed for these remarks.

icon_razz.gif

WARNING: I cannot be responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

No flames from me. Way too many angry people geocaching I've noticed. I kinda think It seems like a cheap way to get numbers myself. But it also sounds like a lot of fun. For those who wish to join, go for it, wish I could check it out once. For those who don't want to go, be quiet and please don't project your anger on everyone else.

Whew, this is brutal, more so amongst friends. Since no controversial thread would be complete without some nonsensical pseudo-wisdom from me, I want to chime in with my 2 cents.

The bright side of this is that like them or not, you gotta love the awesome job Travis does on the routing. I didn’t make the BCM or the east side one, won’t be at the next either, but it’s way cool to be able to retrace the route on your own. I spent two days going over the BCM route at my usual leisurely pace, skipping some, but taking my time. (I still only picked up about half of them) Having a fistful of cache pages in some sort of reasonable order gives organization to the chaos. The geocaching site, as great as it is, isn’t as user-friendly as a good Travis mass cache package.

Thanks Travis for allowing me to leach off your hard work. Now, can you throw together a Federal Way, Auburn, Lynnwood, and Belleview Cache machine?

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

quote:
Originally posted by Zzzoey:

I am interested to see how I get flamed for these remarks.

Gee Zzzoey, YOU can't be flamed for this. Per your sig line, it is your cats who are to blame!

Seriously though, Doug and I are doing more and more caches out of the city, mostly on weekends. Give us the peaceful forest, the rock formations, the waterfalls, the rivers or the desert, with not a soul around! Add in a challenging dirt back-road, and we couldn't be any happier! These things are dasein...

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

No flames here, Zzzoey. To each his own.

If you're just interested in meeting everyone, stay tuned -- I'm hearing rumors about a lunch time gathering on the VCM route.

And Criminal, I'm glad you enjoy the routes. They get outdateed pretty quick, but I still have the BCM and VCM files floating around my hard drive if anyone needs them.

WWJD? JW RTFM.

Having done the Yakima CM I can say this. The fun was not the caches, it was the whole frenetic pace and the company. If we didn't have conflicting plans we'd be there for the VCM.

The cache machine is not for everyone, and yes it is just a contrived way to boost your find count. But it's your choice to actually log all those caches. Anyone could choose not to log any cache they didn't actually 'find' personally. We had one local cacher who had already found most of the ones on our route tag along for the day just to watch the chaos.

Just my .02 worth.

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Ditto what Sassquatch said. We thought the idea was kinda weird at first for the first two cache machines but after reading about both of them it sounds like a fun get together with a bunch of the kind of nice people we have met at other geocahcing events. Fun time for all.

The cache machine idea is not for everyone and that is what makes this sport, game, hobby, whatever so fun. You can make it happen any way you want to and if others do it differently I say good for them. We like to experience new things and this is one of them. For those who don't like the idea of a cache machine event that is cool also, you don't have to like it, just don't force me to adapt to your beliefs and I won't force mine on you. We can all choose what works for each of us. Sounds like a fun time and that is what we are after.

Just my nickels worth. Enjoy the sport in your own way and let others enjoy it their way. Just having fun. icon_smile.gif

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

travisl you've done a great job organizing this event thank you for all your time and effort. I just made my reservations for Fri & Sat at Paul's Motor Inn. I am ready to meet, greet and cache!

At this point in time I have no idea if I will be flying solo or have my husband and twins, either way it makes no dif I'll be there.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

Going off on a bit of a tangent here... remember my definition of ''cache farm'' from a month ago?

quote:
an area with a high concentration of caches, usually more than 5 in a one mile radius

Well, here's one that's an actual farm:

69688_400.jpg

There's six caches in this 83 acre farm, with one more to be added soon. I need to head out and get these sometime.

(83 acres is about 0.13 square miles, or a square about 1/3 mile on each side.)

WWJD? JW RTFM.

I have just spent about 30 min reading all of the comments on the VCM. Wow... icon_rolleyes.gif

GeonutDan and I have made our reservations and plan on having a wonderful time. As for the Log Count...all I can say is I have had cachers log(online) on mine and other caches I have found and their names did not apear in the log book (at cache site) but what is the big woopty do. Who cares, is there some big galactic prize someday for the most finds logged icon_confused.gif

This has been so much fun, finding parks that I grew up around but did not know about, Meeting great people, and enjoying God's beautiful creation.

We have our reservations @ Paul's also, See ya there Pepper, It will be a great time!!!

WallieDawg

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

May be bagging out of this event. Too expensive...factoring in motel rates, ferry, etc. Maybe I'll go on a spree over in Wenatchee and bootleg camp on the Icicle River.

Oh darn John! icon_frown.gifI want you to come. I understand if you can't. You will be missed. I don't know if you realize how well you are liked by a tremendous amount of people! Everyone loves EGH! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Wienerdog:

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

May be bagging out of this event. Too expensive...factoring in motel rates, ferry, etc. Maybe I'll go on a spree over in Wenatchee and bootleg camp on the Icicle River.

Oh darn John! icon_frown.gifI want you to come. I understand if you can't. You will be missed. I don't know if you realize how well you are liked by a tremendous amount of people! Everyone loves EGH! icon_wink.gif

Thanks Donna! I may still be going...it's 50/50. Checking some things out. Found a good site for hotels, etc. I'll will be making a decision one way or the other soon.

Looks like unforseen circumstances are going to keep Gramma from going on the trip with me. I will probably be looking for someone who needs a ride on Saturday to help me navigate. Still won't know until Friday morning. Would be glad to have someone ride with me. Honda Accord, leather seats, air conditioning. A little cramped in the back seat but could possible accomadate one more.

Looking forward to it.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

Hi All,

We made reservations at Pauls Motor Inn. We have meeting room 147 from 5-8 p.m. July 11 (Friday)

Thought it would give us a chance to meet and mingle with some of the local cachers! Capacity is for 50 people. We figure people will be coming in and out before heading off to dinner.

We were told no alcohol service would be available but we could bring in our own.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Guess I should clarify that we have reserved a meeting room at Paul's as a get together spot before the big day. We will try to make it an event cache.

I have just talked to another cacher who was under the impression we were saying "Party in our room!!!" Nah. We have to sleep sometime.

We just thought it would be great to meet everyone before the big day.

At Yakima, it was hard to all get together afterwards. Eveyone was bone tired, noisy restaurant, not enough room to mingle and talk to the locals.

Cache Machine? Whats the problem. Really people, its not about count. It is just a sport/game. It is about getting out, meeting people, getting some exercise, and seeing some place U would never have thought of going to. If count is all you are after, then U need a new hobby.

quote:
Originally posted by lobo252:

Cache Machine? Whats the problem. Really people, its not about count. It is just a sport/game. It is about getting out, meeting people, getting some exercise, and seeing some place U would never have thought of going to. If count is all you are after, then U need a new hobby.

lobo252,

Really! Don't you think that all of us posting here are adults and can make our own decisions on how we want to play the game.

Speaking for myself I have never been to Canada so I will be seeing lots of new places. I plan on meeting plenty of Area cachers thru an organized M&G the night before our cache event and exercise is a given.

Others have stated and even tryed to sway our decision on participation, but like I said before the folks who are INTERESTED will be there having TONS-O-FUN!

BTW I really don't need you telling me I need a new hobby, it's my hobby just like it is your's and I will play it as I see fit.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!