Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
learn2mine

Is the Reviewer being a little too picky

Tim Hortons what??? Maybe I'm wrong but I've used a tummies gift card and said on the cache page before and nothing like this happened😆 Which Canadian hasn't already heard of timmies!

1 hour ago, learn2mine said:

Tim Hortons what??? Maybe I'm wrong but I've used a tummies gift card and said on the cache page before and nothing like this happened😆 Which Canadian hasn't already heard of timmies!

The guidelines of Groundspeak don't always make sense but it's what they decided.

It's why every month I go at an event in a "Boston Italian themed eatery" 

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Lynx Humble said:

The guidelines of Groundspeak don't always make sense but it's what they decided.

Ha that's a good description

5 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I'd just change the wording and re-submit.

That's what I did. I didn't know their was an actual rule l about it.... As I have mentioned that before if I remember right

I looked up the commercial guidelines, and under not allowed:

Names or euphemisms of businesses or commercial products. "The cache is across the street from Mac's Beef House." 
"I bought the cache container at REI."
  • Helpful 1

Sweet I guess the cache reviewer wasn't being picky afterall just doing his/her job like he/she should!

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Wow, likely more time spent here than doing simply edit to comply.  Generally speaking reviewers are very accurate on their comments.

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, Lynx Humble said:

I'd like to point out that the guidelines do make exceptions for events. You're allowed to name the location where an event is being held, as long as you don't make it seem like an endorsement. For example, "We'll meet at the Boston Pizza at 5 pm" is perfectly acceptable.

That being said, I've used the phrase "one of the local morning beverage and fried confectionery dispensaries named after Mr. Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton" before, but only to be humorous.

• Funny 1