Can't view comments?

MountainWoods

This just started happening to me, and only in a few cases.  But it might be something to look into.

When I get my emails for Waymark reviews, I always look for re-submissions first, so that I can look at (1) whether the Waymark has been reviewed between when the email was sent and when I am looking at it (often the case); and if not (2) I look at the managing group's Past Activity to see why this Waymark was declined.  There are several reasons for this:

• I don't want to review and approve a Waymark that another officer has detected something wrong, and which was re-submitted without fixing the problem (happens more than you think).
  • I want to make sure that I am consistent with the other officers in what we look for in the category submissions.

Lately when I do this I am seeing a decline from "Groundspeak admin" and when I try to view the comments for the above reasons, I get an error message to the effect: You must be a member of this group to view the comments.

Duh, not only am I a member of the group, I'm an officer in it!!  That's why I'm trying to inspect the decline comments for the above-named reasons.

Why would a decline by a Groundspeak admin disallow other group officers from viewing the reasons for the decline?  How are we to determine if the problem was fixed, and make sure that we are consistent with the thinking of this Groundspeak admin on this declined Waymark?

On 9/10/2018 at 8:59 AM, MountainWoods said:

This just started happening to me, and only in a few cases.  But it might be something to look into.

When I get my emails for Waymark reviews, I always look for re-submissions first, so that I can look at (1) whether the Waymark has been reviewed between when the email was sent and when I am looking at it (often the case); and if not (2) I look at the managing group's Past Activity to see why this Waymark was declined.  There are several reasons for this:

• I don't want to review and approve a Waymark that another officer has detected something wrong, and which was re-submitted without fixing the problem (happens more than you think).
  • I want to make sure that I am consistent with the other officers in what we look for in the category submissions.

Lately when I do this I am seeing a decline from "Groundspeak admin" and when I try to view the comments for the above reasons, I get an error message to the effect: You must be a member of this group to view the comments.

Duh, not only am I a member of the group, I'm an officer in it!!  That's why I'm trying to inspect the decline comments for the above-named reasons.

Why would a decline by a Groundspeak admin disallow other group officers from viewing the reasons for the decline?  How are we to determine if the problem was fixed, and make sure that we are consistent with the thinking of this Groundspeak admin on this declined Waymark?

Since I just became an officer in a certain category, I was reviewing previous declines. Everything was great for almost all of them until I got a message saying I needed to be a member to view the comments. Same as you, I believe that was an admin reviewed waymark. 

Confirmed: I cannot view comments on Admin Reviewed waymarks.  The ones I wanted to see were approved. 

In addition, I noticed something is not right with the category page numbers. My category has three pages, but at times 6 page numbers show at the top. When you click on 4, 5, or 6, you get a blank page. So why are they there?

Edited by Max and 99