It came and went - what did you do that day?

MountainWoods

This year it was last Saturday, the eighth.  Did you remember the occasion?

I haven't been out Waymarking much for the last few months because of the heat and other things in the way.  But I couldn't resist getting at least one Waymark posting and visit or two in on International Waymarking Day.

It was a drizzly day and we had plans for most of the day, including meeting our oldest daughter at the George Washington Carver National Monument for their Prairie Days (in the rain this year).  But there's always something around that needs to be Waymarked, so I found a nice Public Access Lands area not far from the NM to Waymark.  As to visits, there are several existing Waymarks (including some of my own) at the GWC NM.

What all did you do to celebrate the IWD?

6 hours ago, MountainWoods said:

George Washington Carver National Monument

Been there in Diamond, MO when living in Anderson, MO.

If I recall correctly is there a restaurant that is famous for their frog legs? Guess it could be gone by now.

Went to Diamond to buy a couple of piglets, we were so "green" did not even think to bring a gunny sack, so a nice guy gave us one. 

We were so "green" did not even know what a roach was or ticks, or never thought a grasshopper could be so big. 

Still miss having those chickens...

33 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Been there in Diamond, MO when living in Anderson, MO.

If I recall correctly is there a restaurant that is famous for their frog legs? Guess it could be gone by now.

Went to Diamond to buy a couple of piglets, we were so "green" did not even think to bring a gunny sack, so a nice guy gave us one. 

We were so "green" did not even know what a roach was or ticks, or never thought a grasshopper could be so big. 

Still miss having those chickens...

I've been all over that area - my daughter (and my money) went to Pitt State (Go-Rillas!!).  My grandparents lived not too far over in the thriving metropolis of Fairland, Oklahoma, so we got to do a lot of exploring of the Four state region.  Dern, I'm hungry for some frog legs now!  LOL  The only thing, I feel sorry for the frogs leaving the restaurant in their tiny wheelchairs!  (IT'S A JOKE!!!!!)  LOL

8 hours ago, iconions said:

The only thing, I feel sorry for the frogs leaving the restaurant in their tiny wheelchairs!

Kinda makes me wonder if frogs cross the highway more quickly or more slowly than normal when in a wheelchair.

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters
11 minutes ago, iconions said:

Gotta be quicker than opossums - never see frogs (or frogs in wheelchairs) splatted in the middle of the road!

Not all of the year, but when they wander during spawning season, they are the single most roadkill here, despite all the volunteers who try to get them over the roads.

Of course, only very small cars and motorbikes allow them to stay identifiable.

4 hours ago, fi67 said:

Not all of the year, but when they wander during spawning season, they are the single most roadkill here, despite all the volunteers who try to get them over the roads.

Of course, only very small cars and motorbikes allow them to stay identifiable.

I dunno if I would ever volunteer for such a task. Bending waaaaay over to push those tiny wheelchairs would be awfully hard on the back...

Keith

5 hours ago, MountainWoods said:

So I guess that International Waymarking Day was a bust this year.  Oh well.  Nothing to get more disgruntled about than we already were. :P

To be honest we were blissfully unaware of its passing. We were too busy Waymarking to even realize it was a special day. :(

Keith

3 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

I'm trying to be more gruntled in my everyday life. Isn't it Monty Python who sang "Look on the bright side of life!"?

Cool!!! Hadn't heard that song in quite a while. Sung by Eric Idle in  Monty Python's Life of Brian it "became immensely popular. It reached No.3 on the UK Singles Charts in 1991, and the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony in London featured a live performance of the song by Idle".

Great song for keeping one gruntled. :)

Keith