Montana Belt Case

MtnHermit

Got a Montana 610 and looking for belt case for it. I have the Garmin universal belt case but its too tight. The combination of the flocked interior and the rubber on the Montana exterior makes for slow insertion/extraction. Did a title search here, two hits, no help.

Has anyone found a camera case or something else they like?

58 minutes ago, MtnHermit said:

Got a Montana 610 and looking for belt case for it. I have the Garmin universal belt case but its too tight. The combination of the flocked interior and the rubber on the Montana exterior makes for slow insertion/extraction. Did a title search here, two hits, no help.

Has anyone found a camera case or something else they like?

Do you mean the clamshell case?  It's super roomy for a Garmin Oregon.  Guess the Montana is a lot bigger.

Here's a place that suggests a case.  I haven't tried it.  Can't tell if it's the one you have already.

32 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Here's a place that suggests a case.  I haven't tried it.  Can't tell if it's the one you have already.

That's the case I got with the Montana, too tight. Also, because its universal, too long. Made to fit everything, an eTrex would rattle around. The Montana is the widest, hence the tight fit.

Found an old belt case, camera?, calculator? plenty of room. Will give it a try. Ordered a Molle case on eBay today, for ~$5 so if it doesn't work no loss.

Funny about the Montana, feels fine in hand but dangling from a belt loop, no way. My Oregon 450 always rode on a shoulder strap with a Fastex clip. Easy to do the same with the Montana, but my brain says no.

Thanks for the reply.

So may have found the perfect, well nearly, belt case. Could be a couple of mm taller but close enough. May be of interest to other Montana owners. It's the AmazonBasics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case, see below: Tad snug but not tight. The interior is slick Nylon not flocked like the Garmin case. The belt loop is 4" wide and tight to the case. Has a small front pocket for a spare battery or 3-AAs.

IMG_2258.thumb.jpg.b9aa99f8f09abd0918e967f1324f6a00.jpg

IMG_2257.thumb.jpg.54787796a6cdf6d3a04794399c3285bf.jpg

IMG_2259.thumb.jpg.64943522b9581414c6e023bf06777c1c.jpg