How do I move collectible Trackables to my collection?

CMWCwest

I see one that is ready to move.  It's (I think) in your Inventory, marked "Collectible" (enabling it to move into a cacher's Collection).  Now select "Move To Collection", click "Go", and it's there.  Once it's in a Collection, you may optionally edit the tag's page and mark it "Not Collectible".

Untitled-cc.jpg

Thanks for the chance to go make a screenshot.  Noticed a typo and fixed it!  :D

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

Just so we're clear...   Are you simply asking to move your "collectible" trackables to your collection?

Noticed one you have in your possession that belongs to another is listed as "collectible"

The TO probably didn't mean to have a "collectible" trackable moving (didn't understand the wording).  Most don't.

• Helpful 1
23 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Just so we're clear...   Are you simply asking to move your "collectible" trackables to your collection?

Noticed one you have in your possession that belongs to another is listed as "collectible"

The TO probably didn't mean to have a "collectible" trackable moving (didn't understand the wording).  Most don't.

+1

It's a fine point. But "Collectible" enables a trackable item to be logged into a "Collection" (out of play, not moving cache-to-cache, and in the case of other players, perhaps on loan).  A finder may retrieve it, and log it into their Collection.  It's versatile that way.  It's bad that way, if you didn't intend for it to be in just anyone's Collection, especially with a finder who loves to click buttons just to see what the buttons do.  And so does the Trackable's Owner!  Cool.  :D

Edited by kunarion
24 minutes ago, kunarion said:

I see one that is ready to move.  It's (I think) in your Inventory, marked "Collectible" (enabling it to move into a cacher's Collection).  Now select "Move To Collection", and it's there.  Once it's in a Collection, you may edit the tag's page and mark it "Not Collectible".

Untitled-cc.jpg

Don't see what you see?! I don't see a trackable actions bar.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 10.25.04 AM.png

1 minute ago, CMWCwest said:

Don't see what you see?! I don't see a trackable actions bar.

1 minute ago, CMWCwest said:

I now see that you can only move YOUR trackable to your collection. If you find a TB that is collectible then can you still move it to your collection?

Kunarion's example is his own trackable.  

You're looking to take one from another player (who probably doesn't know better).  Guess I just don't understand why you'd want to do that...

36 minutes ago, CMWCwest said:

I now see that you can only move YOUR trackable to your collection. If you find a TB that is collectible then can you still move it to your collection?

If that's what the Owner wants, he should provide the steps.  Because he knows what he's doing.  :D

But seriously, I don't see anything in particular on the TB's page about a desire to get it logged into a Collection.  There's "no goal", looks like it should simply travel.  To be clear, do you have correspondence from the Owner that the intent is that you (or anybody) is to place it into a Collection, out of play?  Because, the plan may be that it arrives in the Collection of a particular friend of the TO.  The Owner will get a notice of the move, and it is to then be removed from the Collection at his request.  So if it's all a big mistake, you have more logs to do, a couple of days from now.

As cerberus1 says, probably 99.9999% of the time, the TO has no idea why he clicked that button.  Most cachers, with permission of the TO, could instead simply make a Retrieve log, pocket the item, and mention that it's being removed from play by permission.  "The Collection" has a whole other function, reasons for all the paperwork.

The "Collectible" button is supposed to allow any finder to log it into their Collection once it's in their Inventory. Say, you're placing it into the hands of someone on the other side of the world, opposite time schedules.  This extra step (marking it Collectible in advance of logging it into a Collection) is for both cachers' convenience. Or it worked that way at one time.  Maybe it's broken.  Maybe there are missing logs that make it seem ready, but more must be done.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1